List Plugin Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelis

Have completed a full update from github today 28/01/16 to see if it would fix my problem with the list email plugin not sending out emails, but it hasn't.
There are no errors messages appearing, but the tell tale sign is the checked box in the list view remains ticked once you get the confirmation message.
In the Get email addresses from box, the 'Select from elements' option functions as it should, and displays the 1 email sent message, but no email is actually sent.
If you select the "Defined in the 'Email to' option when you click on the send button, you get 0 email sent.
In trying to debug I came across an error relating to line 115 which is
window.addEvent('load', function() {
console.log(list_email_to)
if (typeOf(document.id('email_add')) !== 'null') {
document.id('email_add').addEvent('click', function (e) {
e.stop();
document.id('email_to_selectfrom').getSelected().each(function (el) {
el.inject(document.id('list_email_to'));
});
});
Not sure if the above info is of any assistance.

The other php emails scripts appear to be un-affected, just the Fabrik List email plugin

Regards
Steve
Fabrik 3.4.2
Joomla 3.4.8

If you select the "Defined in the 'Email to' option when you click on the send button, you get 0 email sent.
If this basic version is not working on your site there seems to be a principal problem.
Do you get Joomla emails (e.g. when creating a new user or sending mass mails)?
Is this in frontend or backend?
Do you have a link to your list?
but the tell tale sign is the checked box in the list view remains ticked once you get the confirmation message.
Yes, I can see this, too, but the emails are sent correctly on my site.

Steve - catch me on Skype again. As per my response last night I was on the way to bed when you msg'ed me.

-- hugh

If this basic version is not working on your site there seems to be a principal problem.
Do you get Joomla emails (e.g. when creating a new user or sending mass mails)?
Is this in frontend or backend?
Do you have a link to your list?
Yes, I can see this, too, but the emails are sent correctly on my site.

Hi troester
The Joomla emails (via mass email) are working correctly
Emails from the list email plugin are not working on either the frontend (user logged in) or the backend via List #51 Calendernom and backend vis List #6 Stewards
frontend list#51 - http://camsjac.com/index.php/events-requiring-stewards
backend - http://camsjac.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&layout=edit&id=6#

Thanks
Steve

I have a crippling headache atm, taken some migraine meds, hopefully be working again in later in the day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just tested the Form email plugin all working correctly in both front and back end.
However, the List email plugin is still the problem.
When changing the option to either Address book mode the fields appear but you are unable to select and add recipients to the box

Last edited:
Update
I have now got the list email plugin working in the backend.
I had to make sure both the 'Subject' and 'Message' fields contained text.
If no text had been entered into one or both, you got a message saying one or both were empty, but the success message that your email was sent also appeared.

Steve

Hi Hugh
Applied the above commit.
The frontend on list 51 still not working.
As soon as you click the send button the message saying '0 emails Sent' appears, as though it hasn't got an email address.
The backend is working as per my update reply above.
I will do a full github update

Thanks
Steve

Full github done but it has not solved the frontend issue. Backend working
Still trying to track this error down on the frontend when users are logged in.
I have to use the option Defined in the Email to, because its prescribed email address which is hidden

I am not sure, but when debugging the script I come across the following,
console.log(list_email_to)
with a message saying list_email_to is undefined which could be related to this url
http://camsjac.com/index.php/index....x=1&id=51&renderOrder=0&ids[]=2567&checkAll=0

Steve

Ah HAH!

For some reason, it's picking up the wrong pre-filters when sending the emails. So when it tries to load the rows to send, it's applying that "3 days before" filter from another copy of the list.

I don't have a fix yet, but at least I know what's happening on your site, so I can probably duplicate it here.

-- hugh

Can you try the latest github?

I think this may be related to an issue with menu pre-filters overriding other copies of lists.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh
Do you remember Don Adams in Get Smart, 'I missed it by just that much':)
I must've missed your commit by just minutes and when I went back to apply the very latest commit, I mucked it all up and crashed my site.
However, your last commit did the job for the list email plugin on the calendarnom list, sending the email out.
I will catch up with you on Skype in the coming days and by then I would've tested all of the email list plugins just to confirm all is good.
I am not sure how you found the problem, but thank you very much

Regards
Steve

It was partly coincidental, I was working on some code that handles applying menu options to lists, something we've had an issue with whereby lists sometimes get the wrong menu params applied (the stuff you can set on a per menu basis, like prefilters).

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back