List plugin inline edit unclear / BUG?

futuron

list plugin
Joomla 3.2
Fabrik 3.1rc2
UPDATED GIT TODAY.

The description for the inline-edit element isn't very clear. It says: comma seprated full element names. This doesn't work. Just full___element_name, full___element_name will only make the first one editable.
For instance these two elements featured and published: This does work:
{"fab_standard_content___featured":["fab_standard_content___featured", "fab_standard_content___published"],
"fab_standard_content___published":["fab_standard_content___featured", "fab_standard_content___published"]}
So a hint for describing:
{"full___element_name_you_want_to_click_on":["full___element_name_you want to show","full___element_name_you_also_want_to_show"]},{"anotherfull___element_name_you_want_to_click_on":["anotherfull___element_name_you want to show","anotherfull___element_name_you_also_want_to_show"]}

Hmmm, have you tried taking that space out of your comma separated list? The tooltip says "comma separated", not "comma and space separated" :).

We don't appear to be stripping spaces, so your second element will have a space before it in the resulting array of names after we "explode" it on the comma character. I'll add some defensive code to strip spaces there.

However, we do need to update that tooltip to explain the JSON format that allows you to specify multiple elements on each trigger.

-- hugh

OK, added the stripping of spaces.

Note that the advanced usage is already documented in the Wiki, so I've just updated the tooltip to say "see wiki for advanced usage".

-- hugh

at some point I want to replace the raw json with a nice window to allow you to define these options.

Just full___element_name, full___element_name will only make the first one editable.
Should /is the second one a different element or the same? If its the same well then you've only set up one to be editable by the plugin

As soon as you are asking to edit multiple fields when activating one cell, you need to use the json format. That's already explained in the wiki.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back