mbeley

Hi,

My application works quite well for registered users who have access to only one client (their own file).
But for users who have access to more than one client, the application is confusing.

Of course I'm working with prefilters on lists and on dbjoins.
(By the way in a db join element it would be nice if one could pick up the list's prefilter as an option, rather than have to re-write it in a different syntax).
I'm also ordering the lists and dbjoin dropdowns by descending date_time, which makes it easy since people usually work more on the latest entries.

Still to make it easier, I would like to allow the special users to choose a client (like log in to a client file) and then have the restricted view that the client would have.
I know how to do that for a single page: make a form that collects the client_id and then apply it as a filter in the url.
But in this case I need the form to give the user access to a different menu (which is a copy of the "normal" menu) and have access to all the links of the menu using the same filter, until the user logs out of the client file.
Can you please point me in the right direction to make this happen?

Thanks,
Mathieu

The only way we support this kind of thing is through the list access controls, that allow you to specify a group and a "or use field" for edit access. So (say) Special can edit any rows, but Registered can only edit their own (where the logged on user id == the value in the "or use field").

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back