Mask money

gatticlaudio

Claudio
Hello, I read and did not find how to use masks to indicate money. Example: $ 1.200,30, aligned to the right.
Is there an alternative to solve this and to format these elements?
Thank you.

I would suggest you set the decimal length, thousand separator and decimal point values, then set the number format to yes. This will format it mostly the way you want. Then, in the format string enter "$%s". I think that will get you what you want. I haven't tried it though. This assumes an element type of Field.

Sorry, is that a question or a statement. If a question please expand. Where do you want the data to come from?

The entry of data by keyboard, to load amounts .... must have currency type format. That is, aligned to the right, with 2 decimals and do not allow letters.
Thank you.

Do you mean as they type the data in? I am not sure this is something any of the fields can do on their own. Perhaps one of the devs can comment further.

It'd be possible to roll your own code to include that library and add the mask yourself, but if you aren't familiar with customizing Fabrik and Javascript coding, it wouldn't be trivial.

I definitely intend to move to a different and better masking plugin, but it's not going to happen right away. Sorry.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back