Menu link to Fabrik List keeps redirecting to Home Page

longlam

I have a menu item which points to a Fabrik List. However, when I click on the menu item I get redirected to the frontend home page. This also happens in the backend when I click on "view data" for the list in question. All my other lists work fine... Help?

Looking at the menu link it shows as:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list_old&listid=18

Not sure why it's only this list that is being affected. Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Hmmm, it shouldn't be view=list_old, it should be view=list.

Is this an actual Fabrik component link, or straight URL link where you specified the URL?

-- hugh

Attachments

• Menu Link to Fabrik List.jpg
    Menu Link to Fabrik List.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 212
Those URL's in the component menu links are generated automatically from the views available, so two places to look:

./components/com_fabrik/views
./templates/<your site template>/com_fabrik

So I suspect you must have a view folder in one of those two places called list_old.

Delete that, and try recreating your menu item.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. There was indeed a folder called list_old in ./components/com_fabrik/views which I deleted. The menu link now looks right but still does not get me to the list. It still redirects me to the home page.

Link now looks like this: index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=18 ---> But goes to home page.

Hi Hugh,

I've submitted details on the my-sites form.

Recap: none of the links to the list seem to work... Including backend "View Details" link in Fabrik>Lists

Hi Hugh... Sorry, I forgot to mention in the recap that it's only the link to list 18 > Individual Development Plans (IDPs) that doesn't work.
From the main menu it's: Human Resources > Individual Development Plans > IDPs
or from the back end it's: Fabrik > Lists > 18 Individual Development Plans > View Data

It was the only link you didn't click on in your screencast!... Apologies.

Long

Something is doing a 302 redirect. If you open dev tools in Chrome, and look at the network tab, you can see the "302 found", which means the server is redirecting.

I tried disabling the "Redirect" system plugin you have, but that didn't fix it. I noticed you have some redirects in that for that list_old view. When you were doing that, did you try doing anything else, like maybe an htaccess redirect?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, I've never setup any redirects so I wouldn't know where to begin... How do I get rid of (or edit, or even access) the other redirects that you mention? Is it something that was automatically done when I upgraded Joomla/Fabrik?

Well someone must have set up redirects. Take a look at your Redirects component on the backend. The system plugin for that is not enabled by default on a J! install, and URLs have to be added by hand to the component.

Looks to me like someone was trying to work round that view_old problem by redirecting it. If that wasn't you, maybe the same person who did that tried some other redirect method that is now affecting that list.

But I'm pretty sure this isn't a Fabrik problem. Something else is doing a 302 redirect on that list's view.

-- hugh

Cool. Thanks for the tip Hugh. I will see what I can find. Thanks for all your help so far. I am the only one working on this site, so it must be me... but as I've never heard of redirects until you mentioned it.

Just doing some further investigation. If I set menus and list to 'Public' access then I can access the list when I'm NOT logged in. As soon as I log in with any username, it redirects again.

OK, I think the problem is that you have about 350 elements on that list, which could well cause problem trying to render it, like exceeding memory limits. Which would explain why it renders if you aren't logged in, as that means no rows are accessible, so it doesn't hit any limits.

Has this list ever displayed, with the current number of elements?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, the list and corresponding form are still in development so I have never tried to access the list as it is now. That being said, only 10 elements are set to be shown in the list. I used to be able to access it but that was early on when I was still adding elements to it.

Even when only showing 10 elements in the list, by default we still include all element in the list query, as you may be using a non-displayed element in (say) a group template, or an element popup template, or a calc element, etc.

There is a per-element option, under List Settings, where you can set "Include in List Query" to "No", although it would obviously be a bit of a pain to go through 340 elements and turn that off. We also have a per-group option for turning off "include in list query". However, I just tried turning off all but the main group (edps) and it still redirects, although that group alone as 179 elements.

Have a look at your MySQL config, and see what max_packet_size is set to. Sometimes there can be problems if this is set low, as that limits the actual physical length of a query.

I'm just confused because if it was tossing an error, we should see it. It shouldn't redirect.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. Where do I go to check MySQL configs? is this done in CPanel?... I'll have a hunt around.... and I'll change the "include in List Query" settings.

Well, don't do that yet, as it'll take forever.

Can't help you with where your MySQL config is, it varies wildly from server to server. You may have to ask you host support.

Do you have any other plugins or modifications that would cause it to redirect on an error, rather than throw a PHP error message?

-- hugh

Not that I know of. All my other lists are working... so I think it is something specific to this list. Haven't installed any new plugins or made any modifications other than upgrading fabrik, akeeba and joomla when updates are available..

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back