Menu link to Fabrik List keeps redirecting to Home Page

I'm about halfway through changing all the "Include in List Query" settings to no. Thought I'd test accessing the form... and guess what?.... It works!
So... just to be safe, I'm going to finish off doing all the other elements in this list.

Thanks for all the troubleshooting Hugh!

No problem. I'm still confused as to why it's redirecting rather than throwing an error. That problem should generate a MySQL error (ER_NET_PACKET_TOO_LARGE) which should have tossed an exception and been reported by J!, rather than redirecting, which would have saved us both a huge amount of time. I'm glad we got this resolved, but if we get another problem with mysterious redirects and no error message, I won't be able to help. Something is happening on your site to cause that redirect, and it makes it extremely time consuming to debug.

I also suggest you still talk to your host support about finding out what your max_allowed_packet is set to, which defines the maximum length of a query which can be sent to the database, and the largest row size that can be returned. By default I think it's a megabyte. And although having 350 "SELECT yourtable.foo AS yourtable__foo, yourtable.foo AS yourtable.foo_raw, yourtable.bar AS yourtable___bar, yourtable___bar AS yourtable___bar_raw ..." (so two "x AS x" for each element) with 350 elements would generate a very large query and large return rows, it shouldn't exceed a megabyte. So it's possible your server is configured with a much smaller packet max.

(The other possibility is that one or more of your elements is a huge text field, so the returned rows are > 1mb. By default we don't create anything bigger than TEXT, but if you imported this table with existing structure / data, it's possible you could have MEDIUMTEXT (16mb max) or bigger)

BTW, you might want to turn "include in list query" back to Yes on the groups for that form, I turned those off while testing.

The only other possibility is that you hit a memory limit, so check your memory_limit setting in PHP. Bare minimum is 64M, recommended for Fabrik is 128M, and I always set 256M.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back