Migration to 2.0 and 1.5 Joomla

wallace

I am currently using Fabrik 1.0.4 (with existing data) and Joomla 1.0.13. I would like to migrate to Fabrik 2.0b3 and Joomla 1.5.

I do not see a strategy for doing that.

The recommended migration path for Joomla is a new installation. If I do that, then install Fabrik 2.0b3 how do I get my existing tables and data over?

Cheers,

Hi Wallace

If you want to leave your fabrik 1.0.x data in its existing database, then I'd create a fabrik connection pointing at this database.

Alternatively I would export it using phpMyAdmin and then import it into your new J1.5 site's database.

Once fabrik 2.0 is installed on the J1.5 site you can create new fabrik tables pointing to the fabrik 1 database tables.

Unfortunately this is where things suck a bit - you'll have to recreate the settings for each element as well as recreating any form submission actions you had (such as sending emails etc) as these can't be transferred from the old site.

Rob

We intend to write a 1.x to 2.x migration utility, but it'll be the very last thing we do before releasing 2.0 (or maybe 2.1), as we obviously need to have a stable (non-changing) set of data structures in 2.0 b4 we can write the migration code. At the moment, things are still too fluid in 2.0, so it's a moving goalpost.

-- hugh

Is it there?

Now there is 2.0 RC....
Is there an Joomla 1.5 upgrade strategy or script right now? (or beta?)

If not, can I help some?
Thanx in advance.

Evert

Bonjour,

J'utilise actuellement Fabrik 2.1 sous Joomla 1.5 et souhaiterais migrer vers la version Fabrik 3. pour Joomla 1.7. Comment faire, apparemment la structure des tables a chang? ? En effet, j'ai install? Fabrik 3. sous Joomla 1.7 et fait des export des tables de la version 2.1 pour les importer vers la nouvelles version mais j'ai des messages d'erreur (colonne manquante etc...) :confused:
Merci pour vos r?ponses;)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back