Multi-Select operation with safari on iphone

Dalesio

Hi,
Are there any issues with using the multi-select DD with safari and the iphone? I'm testing the multi-select dropdown option for the databasejoin element plugin. The operation works with chrome on windows and chrome on android but has an issue when using on safari with the iphone. As soon as I tap on the dropdown to get the scrolling window of available selections, the DD window displays the first option as if it were chosen... but does not show it as selected in safari's scrolling window. Other items in the list can be selected but if I should select the first item, then it will subtract from the total and appear as if it were not selected in the window. Even if I never intentionally select the first option, it will appear with the other selections in the list when saved.

Any help or suggestions?
Thanks

Thanks Hugh. I'm not sure if it helps but here is a jing video of what is happening. You can see the drop down window change as it is selected as well as the change when actual selections are made. I wish I didn't have to be sure it worked on the iphone but most of our customers use the iphone or ipad.

http://screencast.com/t/4kjrOa5o

Thanks

No, I don't think so. But just to be sure I know what you referring to... Within the databasejoin element, under Details, there is nothing selected on the "advanced" tab. Also, I've tried it with... and without... the "Enhanced Dropdowns" selected to Yes in the Layout tab. Same result. Can you think of any other things to check? Is there something specific in the Form that should be addressed?

By the way, I do love the "Enhanced Dropdowns" option. So cool on a desktop and I will probably use that when I finish playing around seeing what's new in Fabrik and redo our site. You guys have done a wonderful job of adding features. I'm a little embarrassed (by not updating joomla and Fabrik) but also proud to say that our site has worked well over the last 6-7 years using what is now an obsolete version of Fabrik.

Thanks

I really don't know what to tell you. We don't do anything weird or Fabrik specific with multiselects. We just use absolutely standard HTML.

Does it work with Safari on the desktop?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back