multi users

loudy

Hi, I'm planing to create a web application and I will have around 25 - 30 users/staff will login and work on creating new records for our clients, edit, update ... etc.
Every year we have at least 2000 to 3000 new records, that include lots of info.
So basically the web application will be working as client management system, so we can track our clients.
I have some questions:

1- will Fabrik handle that volume of staffs login all in the system
2- will Fabrik handle that volume of records
3- Is Fabrik secure? and what other advises you can provide us to prevent hackers to access our info, and also what other security steps that we need to take to me it secure.
4- Is that safe to make Joomla login session to last for 2 hours, if the user is not active he will be logged out after 120 minutes.

Other advises that you can provide us to make this application come true.

Thank you so much.

Yes, Fabrik can easily handle that load. The number of users really makes no difference to us, that's all on J!. We have clients who have millions of rows in their Fabri tables, so your table size is easily done.

As to "is Fabrik secure" ... it is as secure as we can make it. We do occasionally run across weaknesses (I'm working on resolving an SQL injection vulnerability someone found recently), but Fabrik has been around for a decade now, and we've put a lot of work into making it as secure as we can.

The main security concern is making sure you ACL protect all your list data, including per user ACLs by adding a user element to every list/form that has user sensitive data you only want that user to see. And setting up your J! groups and access levels correctly so you can use our ACLs to best effect,

I don't see any problem with setting the session timeout to 2 hours, but that's a judgement call only you can make.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back