my farik map viz is too slow

When copying a list to do this kind of stuff with, don't delete elements, just unpublish them.

And as Troester says, if you elect to drop the column when you empty the trash, remember that when you've copied a list, you are still suing the same underlying table as the original list. So if you drop a column in the copy, it's going to affect the original list.

-- hugh

OK, I added some more profiling, and removed the 'formAll' setting from the map viz (as indeed we no longer need that).

The 30 or 40ms hang time after that second 'canDeleteRows' isn't in the can delete rows, it's in building the layouts for the edit and view links. And I think that's just an unavoidable overhead of $layout->render(), because it has to do a JFile::exists() on all the possible paths until it finds one, then open and read the file. And file operations are expensive.

I'm working on adding a $opts arg into getData. Things like renderListData() already take a $opts, and I've turned off 'rollover' for the element rendering, and added turning off testing for a custom element layout, when called from the map viz. That cuts out two jLayout calls, which saves about 10ms or so, per element, per row.

I might add an option to the map viz settings to allow you to turn off creating the links. That addLinksAndBoxes() method is about 30ms, and unless you are using {fabrik_edit_link} (etc) in your popup template, they aren't needed.

-- hugh

OK, I committed another change, so if the map template doesn't have any {fabrik_foo} links in it (like {fabrik_view_link}, etc) we don't call addSelectBoxAndLinks(), which saves 40ms or so per row. Which on 100 rows will save you about 4 seconds, so worth the effort.

-- hugh

That's about it for the moment, I'm interested in seeing what the changes so far will save. I'm hoping it'll be anything up to about 10 seconds.

@samani - do a full github update and let me know.

-- hugh

That's about it for the moment, I'm interested in seeing what the changes so far will save. I'm hoping it'll be anything up to about 10 seconds.

@samani - do a full github update and let me know.

-- hugh
I will do as soon as possible...on real data under load...and feedback to you..
tnx

i'm upgrade to latest from github in different way and i get good result.
my speed up and dwonload the site in 1500ms but already is 12000ms...
i have 114 row data with 25 element that i published only 5 element and only one of that has a "link to detail" is set to Yes.
tnx and fabrik will be better from yesterday each day...

Unfortunately the profiling doesn't really help on your page, as the numbers get rendered in the site language.

I could probably improve things more if those numbers were in a character set I could read, so I could see where the remaining time could be saved.

-- hugh

i'm testing my site by restore backup for deeply check performance and can compare between before and after change fabrik, maybe you check my site when the backup mode is up (that i'm not updated fabrik code from github).
you can now see my web that i updated again from github.
now say your idea about my web page speed and memory of the page.
i'm changing the font for you can read the numbers of the "profile information" in joomla debug.

I'm interested in the new code, to see where there is still room for improvement.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

excuse me hugh but i guess we have new bug after you update the code. when i want to use format=json at the end of url i get this error:

Notice: Array to string conversion in /*****/********/*********/********/public_html/plugins/fabrik_visualization/googlemap/views/googlemap/view.json.php on line 53
Array

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back