Placeholders in email templates left uninterpreted

sapiputih

Howdy.
I am having suspicious behavior with the "email" plugin for forms. I have a form that sends a confirmation email to 3 different places (each email having slightly different content and formatting) using only the article/templates (no php).

There seems to be no pattern in which ones are left uninterpreted(i.e., remain in the email as {table___element}, as perhaps an email template has 4 placeholders.and only 2 or 1 are interpreted. However, the lack of interpretation is consistent (the same placeholders behave the same every test cycle).

I am not sure how to invoke debug for a plug-in, bt if somebody can tell me I will post that also.

Make sure the full element names (table___element) are existing in the current form (->typos);
Are those elements in special groups (join, repeated)?
Which element types?

Here are two of the consistent culprits (see screenshot of an email, exhibit 1). The ID field is the key field, autoinc, etc The password is simply an 8-character of type "field". There are others in other emails, b I figure if we can crack these two, the rest will fall into our evil clutches! (see exhibit 2 and 3 for field definitions)

DOes this help? Is there a way to get debug output in the form plugins that occur after form processing? All I seem to get is the loading and rendering of the form, which doesn't help me in these cases.

Attachments

• exhibit1.jpg
    exhibit1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 160
  • exhibit2.jpg
    exhibit2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 144
  • exhibit3.jpg
    exhibit3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 149
In the picture of your template text the {VEF_GRANTS___id} looks formatted.
Can you check the HTML code?

Just to expand on troester's answer ... sometimes when using the built in WYSIWYG editor for articles or templates, it inserts additional, unwanted HTML markup into yoru place holders.

Best way to check is to "toggle editor" (or whatever the editor you use calls it) from WYSWYG to plain text mode, and make sure your {table___element} placeholders are intact, without any HTML formatting breaking them up.

What troester is looking at is that the opening { looks bigger then the closing one in your pic, which probably means there is some kind of HTML which is breaking your placeholder up.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back