Plugin not working radius search option "My Location"

frankpto

Hello,

I installed the plugin list - Radius Search 3.3.2

The Geocode option works well because the city is indicated initially.

The "My location" is not working.

I think the option of "My Location" starting point would be the position of the person using the browser.

When I use the option "My Location" always takes as its starting point the option indicated in the geocode select and I think that should be the position of the person using the browser.

What do I do wrong?
I'm using Joomla 3.4.3

Can anybody help me?
Because it does not detect the position of the user's browser?
Thank you.

Googlemap element's Default="Users location" is working.
But
The user must allow to get his location in his browser settings resp. has to accept if asked by the browser. If he has blocked the browser's geolocation the Googlemap element can't get it.

Hi,
Googlemap element's Default="Users location" is working.
and
Location in browser too.

My browser. Geolocation icon is activated at first.
When I give "Go" disappears.
search_radius disables active icon geolocation
it is normal?
That affects?

Same in chrome,opera,firefox,safari :(

Attachments

• icon-geolocation-active.jpg
    icon-geolocation-active.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 206
  • options-plugin.jpg
    options-plugin.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 198
  • option element map.jpg
    option element map.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 188
Yes, there seems to be an issue with radius search (also with the current GitHub version).
On my site it seems it's not able to get the user location (Chrome: "we are unable to determine your current location").
Radius search is tricky
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/1533

The Googlemap element with "user location" in the form is working as expected.

@troester - does it give the "unable to determine" alert every time, or only after you have hit "Go" one time to do a search?

From what I can see, the user's location is only done one time, when the list is loaded. Once you do a search and are now looking at a filtered list, the location is not looked up on that page load, see line 191 of radius_search.js ...

Code:
            if (this.options.myloc && !this.options.prefilterDone) {

... where prefilterDone is set in the PHP where we build the JS options, and is true if we are doing a radius filter. So ... if you then (say) switch from location to coords and back, you'll get that error.

Or ... when you first laod the page is there a warning in the debug console, starting with "geo location error: ".

I can't get it to fail on initial page load. It always seems to successfully geolocate me. But there does seem to be an issue if you try and search again, after an initial search has done the geolocation one time.

-- hugh

I see this alert only if I first do a "geocode" or "place" radius search (is working) and then click on the "Search" again and select "My Location".
The alert is showing as soon as I select "My location", before hitting Go.

"My location" is not working, the last "Geocode" search is sticky:
even if I click "Clear filters" (this will show the complete list),
then open the radius search popup, "Cancel",
click "ok" on "do you want to clear radius search"
open the radius search again (will show the default "my location" + the last search distance slider)
hit "Go"
will show me the last geocode search result.

Last edited:
Hi
The geo-location library we use needed to be upgraded. I've done that and the the 'my location' option now works again. Please update from github to check if it works for you

Hi
The geo-location library we use needed to be upgraded. I've done that and the the 'my location' option now works again. Please update from github to check if it works for you

Hello Rob,

the "GO" button does not work :(

This plugin I have paused to run my web. I'm sure it solves your.

Thanks for your time.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back