I upload the last SVN (726) and I found some bugs in the TableView :
IE7 + FireFox : the order function doesn't work any more
IE7 : the search filter function doesn't work any more

Thank you
PIRINA

hi well that was the wierdest bug ever!
Try updating to the svn again - it should be fixed

Hi,

my impression is, that even in the latest SVN ordering only works on the first click to a column header. After that, I can't reset the order. Also Behaviour of Firefox and IE seem to be different.
Sometimes (I can't tell on which conditions) it seems that there are three functions by clicking a column:
1. Click: order ASC
2. Click: order DESC
3. Click: reset order
Is this correct?

What I miss, is an optical help to see in which state I am at the moment. Otherwise I have to count my clicks. And if you don't click three times to the same column header, reordering of another column does not work anymore.
I hardly can tell my users to count their clicks. An arrow showing the order column and order direction would help a lot. Also if there would by an arrow that shows the default order column on opening the table view.

Roland

That sounds reasonable.

We're in "bug fixing only" mode right now, concentrating on getting 1.05 released. Should happen this week.

Bump this thread once 1.05 is out, and we'll look at adding it then.

-- hugh

this has been added to the svn, the bluesky template already had it, I'd just forgotten to copy over the css and icons to the default template folder

SVN 810: Table order in the frontend

Hi Rob, Hi Hugh,

thank you for updating. I tested the table view with the default template of SVN 810.
The arrow is shown in the column header of the default order field as defined in the backend.

The first click on another column header (let's say "name") to reorder table view works but the arrow is still shown in the default order column.
Now every additional to a column header shows up another arrow but from this point I don't understand the behaviour of ordering.
If I click once again to the column header "name" there is no reordeing DESC an there is no resetting to default ordering.
If I click on any other header, there seem to be no reordeing or at least not the right one. A click to the primary key of the table seems to work at any time but afterwards I can not reorder: the order of primary key is kept all the time.
I also can't get rid of the ordering arrows. Even if my menue label is set to "delete all filters", the ordering still is kept.
If have to log out and in again to get the default ordering once again.

Roland

ordering is cumulative. so you can have ordering on multiple columns, then the ordering is first performed on one row then the next row

the states are
- no ordering
- order down
- order up

if you have a default odering appleid to the table then this elements "no ordering" status is in fact the table's default ordering.

Still Problems with Order & Search Filter on TableView: SVN 827

Hi,

yesterday I integrated the ordering arrow into my table view template using SVN 816. I got the impression that everything worked and the three states where shown correctly: arrow up, arrow down, no arrow

This morning I updated to SVN 827 and it did not work again: using the default table view template: once there is shon an ordering arro I can't get rid of it, no matter how often I click to it. There seem to by one ordering action on the first click. Any further clicks have no result.

To check, I rolled back to SVN 816: ordering works here on my opinion.

By the way: I do not receive a notify e-mail on answers to my posts anymore, even when I checked the button "Notify me of replies." and the e-mail button in my profile is shown as an broken image.

Roland

Hi Roland

Can you point me to a page where this is happening, I've double checked on my install and can't replicate this issue.

Not sure why the email notifications aren't working for you, they do for me, have you checked your spam folders?
I've added in the image for the email on the profile page, but I don't think the two issues were related

Cheers
Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back