Producing PDF file from form ?

tk5ep

Hi all,

Is there a way to create a PDF file one a form has been filled out, and possibly send it via email ? Or maybe a way to create such a file manualy for each record from a list ?

Thanks,

At the moment, no.

The whole issue of PDF's is a bit of a cluster f***. The original roadmap for Joomla 2.x included a standard J! PDF doc type, which we were going to leverage for building PDF's. So we didn't include any kind of PDF functionality in Fabrik 3.0. But that got changed, and J! seems to have just dropped support for PDF views, and are leaving it up to individual extension developers to handle.

Once 3.x is settled in a little more, we're going to take a look and work out the best approach for building PDF's.

-- hugh

It is possible to write a php form plugin do perform that. I did that a few years ago on J! 1.0 and fabrik 1.0.6 (already a great tool back in those days!) and using the EZPDF library.
I think now there are some more recent (free) PDF libraries around to use.

I understand the complexity it represents for the Fabrik team because how are you going to handle the layout? It is not like a list or a form where you can have a few basic layouts that you can then tweak for your own purposes.

If you want to output a order form or an invoice in PDF, you'd probably want something rather customised, which is something you can do if you do it yourself... for yourself.

Hi,

Thanks for replies.
So, it looks not that easy...
I tried to export a record and see if i could handle this another way, but that doesn't work.... :(
I will open another thread.

Patrick,

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back