Related files

loudy

Hello,

I have a scenario that I need help from you as I have limited experience.

I have a full application that I have created: RDS.
so basically we have main files that below to a principle applicant.
so I would like to add a tab in the main form that will be " Related Applicants"
in this tab I will add a previous applicant record then I will select the relationship between those 2 applicants.
For example.
If we create new record for John, and we enter all his data in new record and we fill all the forms, under the tab "Related Applicants" there will be nothing and empty because John does not have any other relative in the database.

after 2 month we have John's brother, Tony and we enter all his date in new record and we fill all the forms data.
Now in Tony's "Related Applicants" we will go and add related: and we select John. and then we will select: Brother.

So when we open now John's file we will see that tony's name is there and marked that he his brother and that will be linked to his profile.

Please can you help.

Thanks,

Make a repeat group.

Add a join element to it, pointing to the same (applicant) table.

Add a dropdown element with the relationships in it.

-- hugh

Great, thank you, but I have small challenge here not sure how to solve it.
1- how we can show some information once we select the record, for example showing the first name, last name, date of birth ... etc.
2- How I can make the record is linable to view the record that we are linking.

3- Is that possible to add a search and add. because we will have lots of records and the drop down menu for the reltaed applicants will be a challenge.
22.png

Please help.

I got points 2 and 3. I'm still checking on 1:

1- how we can show some information once we select the record, for example showing the first name, last name, date of birth ... etc.
22.png

I'm confused as I searched and it says do not use Autfill because its not dynamic. and the guide recommend to use: List Join.
But the problem here is the List Join only works on List only. and I have the "related Applicant" as a group.
Really not sure what to do and I need this ASAP. please help

I give up, as most of the resources and tutorials are out dated and in Joomla 1.5
The auto fill is not possible to work with my setting.

So, what I'm looking for is simple, but not sure how to get that done.
when I select a related file, I would like to show under that or beside it the first name, last name and country of this applicant.
I have created the following elements under this group:
Refugee.png

How to show the information in the: First name, last name and country of the selected client. I tried auto fill and it did not work, also I read that autofill is not the best practices.

How I can show the info here, and the related applicant will show this current applicant.

so the senior is:
John is related to Sam.
So in Johns profile under" Related Applicant" I will add Sam info.
1- Now when I open open John I can click and see Same info under the related applicant and that also clickable to Sams profile.
2- Now also when I open sam's profile under Sams profile under the related applicant tab I will see John info entered automatically and linked to his profile.

Please can you help.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back