road map?

rewing

Fabrik is behind!

Now for full function form component for Joomla 1.5. there're Breezingforms have released it's RC a month ago. I test it and it works fine with joomfish and joomla 1.5.

I think Fabrik need to speed up! At least please release the leatest svn as beta2. I don't think there're too much people know how to check out the svn.

By the way, the content elements of fabrik need to be modified to remove useless field.

Surely you jest.

...would simply use html forms and Dreamweaver to add a simple form to a site, rather than all the overhead associated with that Breezy stuff. Getting the data in is easy - getting them out and working with them in complex ways is what separates the men from the toy forms. :)

There are half a dozen 'form engines' in the J! mothership's extension directory, a few of which I would use over the one you cited (Phil's latest has some nice features), were I just interested in reinventing the 'contact us' form wheel.

For information on how to use that latest SVN, check out:

http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=47

As for the speed of testing and upcoming releases, perhaps roll up your sleeves and do some serious testing, then post any issues in the Fab 2.0 forums?

More and more are getting active lately, as it seemed like Tiger and I were the only testers for the first couple hundred SVNs, so already over 500 updates in the SVN with all the people testing Fabrik 2.0 now...getting close, sir.

As "Scranton Joe" recently said [about taxes, but applicable to Fabrik]:

"It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get [Fabrik polished for release]." :)

Fabrik is behind!

Now for full function form component for Joomla 1.5. there're Breezingforms have released it's RC a month ago. I test it and it works fine with joomfish and joomla 1.5.

I think Fabrik need to speed up! At least please release the leatest svn as beta2. I don't think there're too much people know how to check out the svn.

By the way, the content elements of fabrik need to be modified to remove useless field.

Personally I'd say the current 2.0 SVN is worth every penny you paid for it.

-- hugh

Breezingforms is also opensource component and is originally derived from FacileForms.

but I think I can get more quicker support in fabrik. Fabrik is great and that's why i suggest you release a new beta version. Because you should know that there're many people ask about the install error question. I aslo have problem to install fabrik. I think it's because the files in svn are too many and too large. not all files in svn needed in component. module and plugin should be released separately.

Removing the module and the plugin from the install would only save about half a dozen small files.

Fabrik is obviously a large component, and some folk may need to use the 'install from location' method in J!, which is provided specifically to work around component ZIP's which may run into upload size/time constraints due to site specific PHP settings or slow upload speeds.

And yes, as we have stated on numerous occasions recently, we are working as hard as we can towards getting a new install ZIP built. But obviously we want to have a stable SVN to build that from. We are getting close to that, and hope to have a new ZIP "real soon now".

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back