Schedule task problem

Hello to all and thanks for the help you give us. I have a problem with the schedule task. I set the task so that it sends an email to users when it's their birthday. Everything works if I click on run, but if I try to wait automatic schedule ( for example every minute) , email don't send.
why?

Attachments

• Cattura1.PNG
    Cattura1.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 42
  • Cattura2.PNG
    Cattura2.PNG
    19.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Cattura3.PNG
    Cattura3.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 40
I solved, my tests did not send emails because the task is activated only if there is an activity in the front end. :)
all work if:
last run + time difference set in "run" < current time (and there is a frontend activity)

The best way to handle that is to use an actual 'cron' service (like you server's), and do a ...

wget http://your.site/index.php?fabrik_cron=1

... or whatever you set your query string secret to in the cron task. And set that cron job to run at the frequency you want. Then you don't rely on user activity.

-- hugh

If you don't have privilege to setup cron job or don't know how to, a third party webcron may be a good option for you. Check out a tutorial at easycron.com/cron-job-tutorials/how-to-set-up-cron-job-for-fabrik-schedule-system-plug-in .

Hi

Sorry to open this but I think I have a similar problem.
I have setup and scheduled email task adding the link http://mydomain/index.php?fabrik_cron=secret_key to webcron.org
The service works and it seems that it runs it but no email send!

The only possibility to make it happen is to run the task from the backend selecting it and click RUN or use the frequency settings as usual.

Last edited:
If you have only one CRON task to run, you don't need a secret key. Have you tried with fabrik_cron=1?
Also you have the ability to log the cron actions. Enable it and check the logs to see if there are any errors.
Also maybe the cron service has logs as well.

If you have only one CRON task to run, you don't need a secret key. Have you tried with fabrik_cron=1?
Also you have the ability to log the cron actions. Enable it and check the logs to see if there are any errors.
Also maybe the cron service has logs as well.

Hi,

Yes I tried with fabrik_cron=1 as I have only one cron but nothing.
The cron service has log but nothing also mentioned there.
Anyway I will look further.
Thanks!

I've had issues with the scheduled email plugins when fields have single quotes (') in them, could that be the case here?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back