Select checkbox and separate row

poni

Hi everybody!

How to set the checkboxes (or radio buttons) on a form, if it is selected, separate rows in that list and put them (or show) in another list.Perhaps combining JS or PHP code in list or form plug-ins.Is it possible in Fabrik 3.0.9 .Please help.
Thank you for your help and knowledge! :)

Last edited:
Perhaps if you explained what you are trying to do, we could help.

Often when people ask about moving rows between lists, we find that it isn't really necessary, and they can achieve what they want through pre-filtering.

For example, if you have a list of (say) tasks. And you want to move "completed" tasks to "a completed tasks list". This can be ahieved by leaving them in the same list, and simply setting a status element (like a "Completed" checkbox). Then copy the List in Fabrik, so you have two copies - "Tasks" and "Completed Tasks". On the first you have a pre-filter which only shows "completed=0", and on the second you have "completed=1". The two lists sit on the same underlying table, but show different "views" of it.

-- hugh

Perhaps if you explained what you are trying to do, we could help.

Often when people ask about moving rows between lists, we find that it isn't really necessary, and they can achieve what they want through pre-filtering.

For example, if you have a list of (say) tasks. And you want to move "completed" tasks to "a completed tasks list". This can be ahieved by leaving them in the same list, and simply setting a status element (like a "Completed" checkbox). Then copy the List in Fabrik, so you have two copies - "Tasks" and "Completed Tasks". On the first you have a pre-filter which only shows "completed=0", and on the second you have "completed=1". The two lists sit on the same underlying table, but show different "views" of it.

-- hugh

I have a numbered list (data) , of which must select and show the rows as desired , and print later.I know I could make a condition in the list (radio buttons yes-no in the form or checkbox) and optionally mark and show with menu prefilter as another list, but it would take too long.I (or user) would have to go into any form and select, and after task unselect everything , going to every selected row:mad:(probably would have been very angry).It would be better I (or user) can do everything from one place (front-end prefilter for rows???) or perhaps one another way,but must be on front-end. Thanks.:)

Last edited:
If the selection is arbitrary (so you can't use any element filter) you can add a php list plugin, store the selected rows in a cookie or session variable and use this in a list prefilter.

If the selection is arbitrary (so you can't use any element filter) you can add a php list plugin, store the selected rows in a cookie or session variable and use this in a list prefilter.

Hi troester!
In one big table , I have 918 rows and 75 columns. Option "show -hide columns" you linked me earlier, works fine : I ,or user, select columns we need and is OK. I could with advance filter ,filtering rows,but this is not that.I could print all in CSV,setting UTF-8,checking semicolon etc. , but those things only I know in my village.:)Perhaps change options of check buttons from the right side of that list (edit,view,delete).I don't need "view" option in rows checking. Perhaps here change the code with PHP or JS code with list plug-ins , and call this option "hide"(is this possible) , that user on front-end can s i m p l y hide rows (and than columns) they no need ,and print in browser after all.
Thanks!

Last edited:
That's going to be problematic, because the list printing opens a separate window, and re-renders the list. So CSS settings applied in the main page wouldn't "stick" in the print window.

-- hugh

That's going to be problematic, because the list printing opens a separate window, and re-renders the list. So CSS settings applied in the main page wouldn't "stick" in the print window.

-- hugh
Not printing from Fabrik print button in list.Only print from Mozzila Firefox (file,print preview,print).I forgot said that before.Print from browser's view.

Last edited:
Not printing from Fabrik print button in list.Only print from Mozzila Firefox (file,print preview,print).I forgot said that before.Print from browser's view.
How to set in PHP list plug-ins "hide when or if select"

How to set in PHP list plug-ins "hide when or if select"

Is there a "universal" PHP code or JS code (from another sites) that could be enter into the "PHP list plugin" ,to hide 1 record, and where.
Thanks!

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back