Shopping Cart - best practice

Hi Guys!

First of all many thanks for this incredible extension. I came from Cobalt 8 and I have to say Fabrik is the best CCK solution out there for Joomla.

I'm to build an online food order site. Customers give their address and based on it they get a filtered list with restaurants which ones deliver to the given address. After they select the restaurant they jump to the menu of the selected restaurant. Here with a php list plugin they add food(s) to the cart.

I read the forum about cart function but there is no answer to my qustions.

Qustions:

1. What is the best practice to set up a cart. I'm to use session variables to store the data but I don't know what to use for displaying the cart module itself?

2. Another problem that I need (in some cases) configurable products. For examle a pizza has additional toppings. How to handle this?

Of course I can pay for support...

Thanks for your interest cheesegrits. I know there is no official cart plugin only j2store plugin. Unforunetly j2store plugin doesn't meet my requirements. I have custom needs so I would like to create my own. To do this I need guidelines what is the best practice. Use session or use db table with a list to store the current user cart? I know that lot of custom work needed to achieve this. Could you or other staff menbers show me the best way through a paid subscription? I will need some help on this workflow.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back