Show selected values only in a dropdown element

stevelis

I have a Steward List with some 600 records.
In the Steward List there is a Yes/No element named Active, with "No" being the default value
The Active element in the the Steward List has around 400 active stewards marked with a tick.
In another List called Calendar, I have a database join element called Steward set to dropdown with the dropdown values coming from the concat option which is based on two other field elements (FName & LName) in the Steward List. All 600 values are listed in the dropdown box and working.
The values I want to appear in the dropdown are only those 400 that are marked (Yes) in the Active element of the Steward List.
Pre-filtering based on the Active element in the Steward List only works with the list view. I still have the 650 values appearing in the dropdown box

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Steve

The dbjoin element has a tab "Data - where"; add you condition, something like
where {thistable}.active =1

Thanks troester
Whilst I didn't have the condition quite right, I was playing in the "Data - where" tab
To sort the drop-down values in alphabetical order, I guessing you would add a Sort into the condition

Thanks again troester
Steve

Yes. You can put an "ORDER BY {thistable}.whatever DESC" or whatever you need to do by way of ordering after the WHERE part.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back