Slow loading on Fabrik page

Geoff Cloake

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with my fabrik pages which currently running very slow. I've turned on cache conservative and there are indexes to the fabrik tables. There are an approximately 3000 rows in a table.
Just so you know sometimes the browser goes error 503 or 500 when the page took too long to load.

Can you possibly advise on how we can fine tune it?

You'll have to point me at the page, and enable J! debug. Or make sure I have a superadmin login so I can do it.

-- hugh

Not without me spending half an hour writing instructions on what to look for. It'll be much quicker and easier if I just take a quick look for the usual suspects.

-- hugh

I don't see any specific cause. Mostly it's just that you are displaying a lot of elements in your lists. If you halved the number of elements you display, you'd drastically reduce load time.

It also looks like your server is kinda slow as well, I see simple stuff taking waaaay longer than it should. If you go to Joomla global settings, System, and enable system debug, then load (say) the Current Tasks list, then look at the"Profile" at the bottom, you'll see simple operations like 'canEdit' frequently taking 100x longer than they should (2ms instead of .02ms).

So your best bet is increase horsepower on your server, and cut way down on the number of elements you show in the list.

-- hugh

I doubt it could be the server performance as when the Fabrik was running i was monitoring the memory and cpu usage and none of them had hit its threshold. Having said that, what is the maximum elements that Fabrik can handle?

Did you look at the Joomla debug profiling like I suggested? Do that, and you will see the very spiky performance I'm talking about. You won't see transient issues like that just watching 'top' (or whatever you are using to visually monitor cpu).

The maximum Fabrik can handle depends entirely on how fast your server is. But personally I try and keep the visible columns in a list to single figures.

Hugh

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back