(SOLVED) Filter dropdown prompt on db join

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbeley

I'm using filters under headings in my Candidates list.
All my filters dropdowns are displaying "All" on load, except the one that's a db join element (Profissao).
See screen print attached.

In the Profissao element, I'm using the "Please Select" tab to default to a value that's not part of the Professions list that the element joins to. The value is "Sem Profissao".
Unfortunately, in the Candidates list view, the filter is showing this same default value, which makes no sense in a filter dropdown.
Is there any way I can change the filter prompt for this element to display "All" like all other filters?
Capture d’écran 2014-05-19 à 10.58.46.png

Hmmm, this is something I could have sworn we'd dealt with a long time ago, but apparently not. It'll always use the specified Please Select in filters.

I've added a simple minded workaround for this, as of this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/76e7e61ebd0145c93e56141c2c0af12040ed1599

... so you can specify the alternate label to use in list filter context, using a splittable string separated by :: ...

Normal Label::Filter Label

I've added some help text to the (English language) tooltip.

-- hugh

It's now working fine, displaying in Portuguese "Todos"
I actually used 'Please Select::COM_FABRIK_FILTER_PLEASE_SELECT' so the label is run through Joomla's standard translation as you explained in the tooltip.
Thanks a lot!
Mathieu

Yesterday I looked at the list view and everything looked fine.
But now I see that in the form my "please select" is now "Sem Profiss?o::COM_FABRIK_FILTER_PLEASE_SELECT" when it should be only "Sem Profiss?o"

It does solve the "please select label" issue.

But as you suspected, I can see a few other issues:

- the "please select value" does not work, the field remains empty if "please select" is chosen.

- I have a user element in the same list view, I left the "please select label" blank, its filter used to display fine (you can see it showed "Todos"(="All") in the first screenshot I sent), but now it shows "Por favor selecione"(="Please select") instead. Unfortunately I can't tell you if the issue started with your first or second fix.

My issues are now solved:

- the "please select value" does not work, the field remains empty if "please select" is chosen.
I was using a string as the "please select value".
I created the same string as a new record in the list the element "joins to", and put the corresponding ID in the "please select value", now it's working.
My mistake...

- I have a user element in the same list view, I left the "please select label" blank, its filter used to display fine (you can see it showed "Todos"(="All") in the first screenshot I sent), but now it shows "Por favor selecione"(="Please select") instead. Unfortunately I can't tell you if the issue started with your first or second fix.
Since the user element is hidden and filled automatically, I don't need the "please select" option.
So I just put "Todos" (="All") as "please select", which is then used as the filter label.
It works for me, but it may still be something to look at on your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back