[SOLVED] How to Change/Upgrade the user access level using "User Form Plugin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

automill

Hi,

I did not find any topic related to Change/Upgrade the user access level using "User Form Plugin" in wiki or forum. My question is:

I have 2 nos forms. The first form is required to be filled by "registered" users only. The 2nd form to be filled by "customers" users only. The 2nd form available for customers users only and visible only through menu if registered user has filled and saved the 1st form.

I imagine that this can be achieved through "User Form Plugin". But confused at point that "User Group Field " can be edited only by "logged-in Super admin" but new users can be added to selected group here.

So, how can the existing registered users can be changed/upgraded to new user group (customer user group in my case).

Regds,
Sunit

I see another solution, if user for plugin does not work, this can be achieved by php form plugin on "End of form submission" by changing the value of "group_id" of the logged-in user in "#__user_usergroup_map" table.

Yup, you can't change the group once an account is created. We would have to add an additional option, like "Allowed groups", where you would select the groups a user can change to. Which would be a fair amount of work.

So yes, for now, best to handle this yourself with a submission plugin.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back