Some forms for the same list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadim

I'd like to divide elements for different forms to fill at the same table. Is it possible? If so, how to do it?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I think the answer is Yes.

You can copy a List (using the Copy button on the Lists backend).

This creates a complete new collection of List / Form / Group(s) / Element(s), which are based on the same underlying MySQL table.

You can then configure those elements how you want. Note that when you edit an element which was copied, Fabrik will tell you it is linked to a parent. When linked, you can't change the 'child' element settings, and it will inherit whatever changes you make to the 'parent'. You can elect to unlink the element, at which point you can then make changes to it as per usual, but it will no longer inherit changes made to the parent.

I strongly suggest you back up your database before first experimenting with this feature. Although this feature is well tested, I have occasionally seen issues, especially if you then start trying to copy elements from one group to another using the "Copy" feature on the Elements admin page. That's an open issue I'm still trying to duplicate locally.

-- hugh

ok, I'll try, thank you. Are there any limitations of number of lists' copies? Just 2 or more? And does "more copies" mean more risks for further stable work?

You can have as many copies as you need.
BTW: in most parts of this world 2012-08-12 has been a SUNDAY.

BTW: in most parts of this world 2012-08-12 has been a SUNDAY.

Thank you for comment and its wondering that I should provide a lesson in math: I remind on Wednesday, so MON 24 hours + Tuesday 24 hours = 48 hours, some hours of Wednesday - to compensate early hours of Monday if you want. So in any case your ironic about Sunday has no reason, and it is very unpleasantly for me to provide such primary lessons in math here. It'll be much better to use energy for responds in time, than such ironic and unreasonable posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back