Sorting repeat group in form

PvN94

Lately the sorting of the lines in a repeat group I have doesn't work anymore in the form. The list itself orders like I want it to, but the lines of the repeat group in the form do not. I've ordered the main list first by its own id field, and then by the date in the repeat group. I looked at other lists and none of them order this way anymore. Any ideas why?

Hmmm. Try editing ./components/com_fabrik/models/form.php, around line 3133 ...

Code:
$opts = array('ignoreOrder' => true);

... change that true to false. Let me know. If that fixes it, I need to find another way to work round the issue I was fixing when I added that.

-- hugh

I had the same problem and changing the value from 'true' to 'false' fixed it. But I'm wondering, if this gives me problems elsewhere, as even in the newest github version the value is still set to 'true' ? Or shouldn't this be changed in the code base, as else I would need to edit the file during every update?

I haven't had time to find another workaround for the issue I was trying to fix (which is when a form is being rendered in a list intro, it picks up the "order by" for the list, which blows the form query up) ... but for now I've reverted that code to the original, so it should work for you. Just means the next person who tries to use a form in a list intro will be posting for help. :)

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/bde6bf25a0ca55ad5109a4d48cef4afea61ebb61

-- hugh

btw: wouldn't it be a workaround for people who want a form in front of list to create a standard Joomla article and use the content plugin twice? Or will they have the same problem?...just aquick thought...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back