Sourcer plugin with fabrikar content plugin

keianrad

I used regular tab plugin to show a list by content plugin as a tab in a list. and to translate tab's title I user sourser plugin but it seems there is problem to used sourcer plugin in list footer.

I tried sourcer in a regular article and it works.

Code:
 {tab title="{source}<?php echo JText::_('APP_LABEL_ADDRESS_BOOK'); ?>{/source}" }

{fabrik view=list id=46 app_address_book___client_id_raw=[rowid] resetfilters=0 showfilters=0 fabrik_show_nav=0 list-picker=0 elements=628|627|626|625 }

{/tabs}

fabrika.jpg

I assume that you are using the bootstrap_tab functionality - yes?

I wrote this functionality (several years ago), and AFAIK it doesn't (yet) include any functionality to handle the "Process Joomla Plug-ins" option in the List / Details / Advanced settings. I assume that you have set this to "Yes"? Please confirm that it still doesn't work when this is set to "Yes".

I suspect that this is not too difficult to add. I will try to take a look in the next day or two and post the changes you need to make here.

I assume that you are using the bootstrap_tab functionality - yes?

I wrote this functionality (several years ago), and AFAIK it doesn't (yet) include any functionality to handle the "Process Joomla Plug-ins" option in the List / Details / Advanced settings. I assume that you have set this to "Yes"? Please confirm that it still doesn't work when this is set to "Yes".

I suspect that this is not too difficult to add. I will try to take a look in the next day or two and post the changes you need to make here.
Oops - ignore that. You are using a Fabrik list as a content entry, and therefore it is not Fabrik which is processing the tab label. Indeed, you have not made it clear just how you are creating the tab in the first place.

Although this does not appear to be a Fabrik issue, if you post further details I will try to help.

I added a list by content plugin to a form footer text. I used a tab plugin from 'Joomla regular lab' to show the embedded list as tab then as my website is a multilingual, I need to use language string in tab's title then I used sourcer plugin (Joomla regular lab) for that.
Hugh created a function for me to calculate something that we used sourcer plugin in it and it works perfect, but it doesn't work in form footer text.

Yes - but it is one thing for Hugh to make Sourcer work in Fabrik functionality (i.e. for Fabrik code to process stuff through Joomla plugins), and quite another thing to expect him to make it work in the "Tab plugin" from Joomla Regular Lab which is not his code.

I suggest that you ask Regular Labs to add functionality to their extension either to replace language strings directly or to process the tab entry through Joomla plugins so that you can use Sourcer. However, even assuming that Regular Labs will include the code, it will take some time before it makes it to an official release.

Have you tried JoomlaShack's Tabs & Sliders extension which provides similar functionality to see if either approach works in that?

Did you try exactly this code in an article?
It starts with
{tab
but ends with
/tabs}

And:
Is {source} really working inside " ...."?

Did you try exactly this code in an article?
It starts with
{tab
but ends with
/tabs}

And:
Is {source} really working inside " ...."?

Yes, it should be {/tabs} event there is one tab, also it added by it's own editor. it recommend by the plugin maker for multilingual websites look at this link.

I tried that in regular article and it works. but when I add the code in form footer text area, it shows that error!
fabrikar2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes - but it is one thing for Hugh to make Sourcer work in Fabrik functionality (i.e. for Fabrik code to process stuff through Joomla plugins), and quite another thing to expect him to make it work in the "Tab plugin" from Joomla Regular Lab which is not his code.

I suggest that you ask Regular Labs to add functionality to their extension either to replace language strings directly or to process the tab entry through Joomla plugins so that you can use Sourcer. However, even assuming that Regular Labs will include the code, it will take some time before it makes it to an official release.

Have you tried JoomlaShack's Tabs & Sliders extension which provides similar functionality to see if either approach works in that?

Actually it recommended by the plugin maker and they already added that functionality. I checked Joomlashack's tab but it doesn't have enough features as well as Regular lab's tab.

It recommend by the plugin maker for multilingual websites look at this link.
And are your system plugins ordered as recommended in that article?

I think you need to ask Regular Labs for support on this. As stated previously this doesn't look like a fabrik issue (though you could play with the order of the system plugins for Fabrik, Tabs and Sourcer to see if any of the 6 combinations work - or 3 if you follow what it says in the article and put Sourcer before Tabs). I don't think we can do much more to help unless Regular Labs come back and say that it is something that Fabrik is causing.

o_O I mentioned that it works in joomla article (out of fabrikar). I added a screen shot of that!!!!!

Same code in two different places:

It called in a Joomla article (out of fabrikar) and it works.

fabrikar2.jpg

It called in fabrikar (form footer text) and it doesn't work.
fabrika.jpg

Last edited:
I am sorry - but I really cannot determine what you mean.

Why do you need to put the code in the Fabrikar footer and not in the Joomla article?

And:

1. Are you sure that the Joomla system plugin is running before Sourcer before Tabs? (Fabrik has to run first - because it produces the {source}...{/source}. Then Sourcer needs to run to convert this to text. And then Tabs to put it in a tab.)

2. Are you sure that there is a {source} shortcode in your Fabrik list footer because I can see the {/source} and not the {source}?

3. It might also be an HTML encoding issue i.e. Sourcer is seeing "&lt;php echo JText::_ ... ?&gt;" rather than "<php echo JText::_ ... ?>"

I am sorry - but I really cannot determine what you mean.

Why do you need to put the code in the Fabrikar footer and not in the Joomla article?

And:

1. Are you sure that the Joomla system plugin is running before Sourcer before Tabs? (Fabrik has to run first - because it produces the {source}...{/source}. Then Sourcer needs to run to convert this to text. And then Tabs to put it in a tab.)

2. Are you sure that there is a {source} shortcode in your Fabrik list footer because I can see the {/source} and not the {source}?

3. It might also be an HTML encoding issue i.e. Sourcer is seeing "&lt;php echo JText::_ ... ?&gt;" rather than "<php echo JText::_ ... ?>"

Ok, Do you know what is the fabrikar Content Plugin and how does it work? look at this link.
As I mentioned in the first post. I embedded a list to a form footer text as I need to show all records on other list that are belong to [rowid] of main record that loads.

1. Yes it is correct, if it wasn't correct it shouldn't be work in joomla article too.
2. Yes, it is correct in the code but it shows like that, I check every thing. look at this code:
Code:
{tab title="{source}<?php echo JText::_('APP_LABEL_ADDRESS_BOOK'); ?>{/source}" }

{fabrik view=list id=46 app_address_book___client_id_raw=[rowid] resetfilters=0 showfilters=0 fabrik_show_nav=0 list-picker=0 elements=628|627|626|625 }

{/tabs}

3. No. I checked that before. everything is fine. I don't know where did you see this!! "&lt;php echo JText::_ ... ?&gt;" rather than "<php echo JText::_ ... ?>"

I tried your code and it is NOT working in an article, the tab title is empty if trying to use sourcerer (not related to Fabrik).
Recent Joomla and RegularLab versions.

But beside of this:
I'm not sure if Fabrik supports "nested" Joomla plugins, especially nested "{s"
You can try to define alternate tag characters for tabs and source

You SHOULD add tab and sourcer by their buttons, it does NOT work if you copy and paste the code. when you paste them title will be empty...
I am using sourcer in fabrikar and it is working perfect but in this case it doesn't work.

I have tried to talk hugh by Skype but he has been busy.

Ok, Do you know what is the fabrikar Content Plugin and how does it work? look at this link.
I am trying to help you - but if you are going to get snotty with me then I won't. I know you are frustrated, but being rude doesn't help.
As I mentioned in the first post. I embedded a list to a form footer text as I need to show all records on other list that are belong to [rowid] of main record that loads.
There is nothing in the wiki page that talks about footers. And you have not explained clearly enough for me to understand. When you say "form" do you mean a Fabrik form footer (outro) or some other type of Joomla form or the Joomla content area or the web page footer (as a module)? This stuff matters.
1. Yes it is correct, if it wasn't correct it shouldn't be work in joomla article too.
There is no single correct answer here - the sequence you need depends on what you are trying to do. And since you haven't managed to explain that clearly enough yet, we cannot be sure what the sequence should be.
3. No. I checked that before. everything is fine. I don't know where did you see this!! "&lt;php echo JText::_ ... ?&gt;" rather than "<php echo JText::_ ... ?>"
I didn't see this - I am wondering whether the code in Fabrik or somewhere else might be html encoding it so that sourcer doesn't see it as php. This sort of thing is often a source of confusion because when this happens it isn't how it looks. But where this is happening and why is more tricky to work out.

I'm doing this exact same thing and it works just fine for me.

Code:
<div id="tabbed_assistant">{tab title="{source}<?php echo JText::_('JADMINISTRATOR'); ?>{/source}" }{article 164}{text}{/article}{tab Definitions}{fabrik view=list id=13}{tab Job Positions}{fabrik view=list id=147}{tab Member Benefits}{article 156}{text}{/article}{tab Terms}{article Terms of Service}{text}{/article}{/tabs}</div>

The only difference I can see is that I wrap the tabs in a div.

I'm thinking that the problem lies in the placeholder for your fabrik list
PHP:

How does the code know what '[rowid]" is???

Attachments

• tabs.png
    tabs.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I'm sure it's something to do with the nested {}.

I have tried to talk hugh by Skype but he has been busy.

Yup, I'm not always available at the weekend.

I'll be around today / this evening, although I have a doctors appointment that will probably take up much of the afternoon.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back