SQL Error

Folks

When I edit a record and the page returns to the list, I get this sql error

Error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=UPDATE `tenants_reg` SET `ten_reg_name`='Mark Smith',`ten_reg_id_name`='NH676543T',`ten_email`='demo@demo.com.uk',`ten_reg_dob`='1966-08-12',`ten_contact_num`='01234567890',`ten_children`='0',`How_Did_The_Tenant_Perform`='good',`ten_pets`='0',`tenants_user_id`='286',`tenants_employed_yesno`='0',`tenants_pets_emergency_contact`='0',`tenant_emp_employer`='',`tenants_emp_contactName`='',`tenants_emp_number`='',`tenants_pets_vet_name`='',`tenants_pets_vet_number`='' WHERE

Any ideas? :)

Thanks

Which version (GitHub)?
Check if the id element is published and has form view access.

What Troester said. if that's the whole of the error msg, then for some reason it's missing the rather import "WHERE <your pk field>=<rowid being edited>"

Usual cause for that is if you either unpublished the PK (Primary Key) element, or set an ACL on it such that the person submitting the form doesn't have access, or somehow the PK selection in your List settings isn't set correctly.

-- hugh

Seems to be some issue with your Joomla template.

I could see the record correctly (menu and quick links below) but as a tried to decrease the display (CTRL- in FF) the record space became blank + menu etc moving to the right.
Resetting the page size re-displayed the record.
I can't see the reason at the moment (some JS?)

Hi Troester

I have narrowed this down this evening (Sorry for the delay just got back in)

It seems the CDD elements on the page were causing an issue when they were hidden. I have moved them to their own group and I now only show that group in form edit view and not in form view.

Interestingly it worked ok in the default template (protostar) but not in my template

Thanks for your help

Regards

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back