strange things happen in IE

zorzis

as you can see from the photo below the pop up in advance search doesn't have any close button and the maximize button is looking like an add button.

in the other photo is shown the popup when pressing the add button in a form databasejoin element:
as you can see there are issues with the borders: top border is shown as broken don't know why.
the second thing is that the google map elements is not showing at all.

what's the problem of IE? always a strange browser. or f*** up browser..
anyway: any idea?

Attachments

• ie problems in popup.jpg
    ie problems in popup.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 234
  • ie probs.jpg
    ie probs.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 228
Can you test that popup in FF, see if the map displays there?

I'm doing some testing, and at the moment am unable to get the map to display in a popup form, in any browser.

-- hugh

In Chrome the googlemap element is displayed in a "ajaxfied links" popup if ADDING a new record directly after loading the page, it isn't if editing a record, and after one edit it isn't displayed in the ADD window until reloading.

In IE the google map element isn't displayed at all in a popup window.

maximize button is looking like an add button.
This is in IE8 only, IE9 is ok (in ajaxfied links popup).

well it's true and that's why i want everything to work properly in IE too.
In chrome and Firefox everything works just fine as concern the googlemaps and pop ups.

the strange things happen only in IE both 9 and 8.
so is a way to fix this?

it's also the problem of the 'add' button. it only shows an add button in the popup and not a close or maximize.

as you can see from the photos below there is also an issue with the auto width. In IE it stays at the default width with no reason whilst i have left the field empty to take the container full width.

also you can see the form template differences as i had refered in the first post. even if i put the default template it's the same. the top border is not showing at all in IE.
any advice?

Attachments

• dif ie firefox.jpg
    dif ie firefox.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 226
friendly bump!
as i see nothing happened from our latest disgussion.
can it be confirmed in anyway?
can we do something for this???

Is this still an issue in the latest github? I applied some JS fixes about a week ago, after working on this thread, which should resolve quite a few issues on IE9, and possibly IE8. But I forgot to update this thread. :(

-- hugh

ie8 has limited SVG capablitlies but it should revert back to using graphics - and for me it does - I have a close button which is in media/com_fabrik/images/delete.png.
Have you tried with the standard Fabrik default template?

IF you are writing/using custom templates you should be aware that different browsers behave differently and be aware that you may need to apply css specifically for a single browser version.

With the current code in ie8 I do see a map loaded, do you have any js errors on your page, if so what are they?

mm, it remains.
i don't get any js errors.
if you would try it maybe you could find a solution from my site mate.

OK. We're managing to talk most days on Skype, so just remind me during our next conversation, show me the page(s) and we'll take a look.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back