switching off success messages

p38

I know one can switch off form success messages, but it does not seem to be working.

I still get the
message.

Also I would like to switch off the calendar message
but cant seem to find where to switch it off.

Paul

For the viz I think the only way would be to hide the message area with some css, as the notice is inserted as part of the view, and not in the template.

For the other message, is that the alert window that pops up after a successful ajax save?

That viz message wastes a lot of header space, esp for tablets and mobiles so I am keen to switch it off. I assume this is a F3beta addition as it was not in F2.5? Is it not possible to add an option property?

The other messages are after successful saves, however I am not using Ajax, so it shows after a normal save.

Paul

That viz message wastes a lot of header space, esp for tablets and mobiles so I am keen to switch it off. I assume this is a F3beta addition as it was not in F2.5? Is it not possible to add an option property?

I was going to say go with Rob's suggestion of hiding it with a little custom CSS, but as we use J!'s notices to do it, that would mean hiding all J! notices, which is not a Good Thing <tm>, as there may be warnings or other notices you need to know about from other plugins, etc.

So, much as I hate adding YAFO (Yet Another Option), I'll go do it.

-- hugh

Thank you.

Further to this, how does one switch off standard fabrik messages? (eg successful save etc)?

Paul.

at that point you are going to need to remove the message module from your joomla template or hide it with some css. Really though - unless you have a very very very good reason, its poor user interface design to not give feedback on user operations.
I don't want to add specific options for every type of notice we may or may not generate within Fabrik - it would be too unwieldy to manage and result in a lot of confused users wondering if their form's saved or not

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back