Table join and pre filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimkeane

I am using Fabrik 1.06 and am trying to display a list of users who have not completed a form.

I have successfully created a join between jos_users and jos_fabrik_formdata_10 and have been pre filtering WHERE id from jos_users is IN jos_fabrik_formdata_10 uid and this gives me a list of those who have submitted the form succesfully.

However, I need a list of those who have not and therefore select filtering NOT IN, however this just leads to no records being returned.

I suspect this is because Fabrik can not link if there is no record to link from?

Is there a way to list non-respondents?

Best wishes,

Jim

Just a bump

Anybody got a clue about this?;D

I did some digging using a dropdown filter and obviously you can't select empty values.

A way round may be writing to a field for the users record in another joomla table or auto-creating records - both of these are beyond my experience to do though!

Jim

Are you trying to create a database join element, or a table prefilter?

Either way, this should be possible. A DIY database join element query would look something like this:

SELECT id as value, username as text FROM jos_users WHERE id NOT IN (SELECT uid FROM jos_fabrik_formdata_10)

The trick is using the subquery (the SELECT in parens) to build th list of uid's from your table, which you can then do the NOT IN on.

-- hugh

Tried the subquery, but no joy!

Thanks Hugh,

Had a moment of stupidity initially but that works great now!

Many thanks,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back