Thumbnail generation from PDF in Fileupload element

smart

Hello,
I am working on file upload element & mainly pdfs will be uploaded.
And also I would like to get first pagse as the thumbnails.
So "Image thumbnail from PDF" was turn on and install imagemagick. Ghostscripts is preinstalled on my Ubuntu. I couldn't find how-to or manual on Fabric website how to implement thumbnail conversion from pdf. Any guidance on this?
Thanks

I haven't looked at that code for a loooong time ... it was contributed by another Fabrik user.

I'll take a quick look, see if it still looks functional.

-- hugh

Over the last few weeks I've spent about 2 hours trying to get Ghostscript and ImageMagick to play together on my local Windows dev box. They both work independently, but I just can't get the IM PHP functions to recognize GS. I've tried everything I can find in the various Stack Overflow threads about this, but I consistently get the "file not found" error a lot of other folk report.

So until I have some more "spare" time to spin up a Linux instance I can test with, I'm wedged.

Meanwhile, here's some fixes that will be necessary for it to work:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/0307227d2be150a09fd4c9511194d03fce8ba1fb

... which at least allow you to properly select IM as the image library on the element, and at least attempt to build the thumbnail from a PDF. Might be worth updating from github and at least try it, see if it works for you.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back