Tips in LIST shown with HTML code

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesla

Hello, FABRIK enthusiasts!

I have a list in Article. When include a TIP for the Googlemaps field (it happens for other fields as well) the TIP shows ON THE FRONT END with the surrounded code - please check the attached image which shows what is the tip config and how it appears.
When I view the same list on the backend the TIP shows ok.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
FABRIK_Tip_in_LIST_problem.jpg

I can't recreate this one. I created a tip in a google map element and displayed the list via the content plugin.... looks normal to me.

Are you using a standard Fabrik template for your list?

Thank you for your response!
Yes, standard FABRIK (bootstrap) template used.
I've tried with div template, no change. I've tried linking the LIST directly to MENU (taking it out of an article), no change.
I was running on a SVN from around 21.11.2015 (not the last one). I have just updated to the latest Fabrik from Github, result is the same.

Thank you for the hint, felixkat!
I am currently using Purity III (because it is responsive template).
I tried with Breeze and no Tips are showing at all.
With Protostar tempalte for example Tips show as expected!
When inspecting the googlmaps element (in frontend) in IE in Purity III and in Protostar the difference in the code is the Tips box shown in my first post.
In Protostar: <span title=""
In Purity III: <span title="<ul class="validation-notices" style="list-style:none"><li><i data-isicon="true" class="icon-question-sign " ></i> Press to see bigger map</li></ul>" .....

Okay I believe there is an issue here with the Tips code, something doesn't look quite right. I'll look at this later.

Make sure you have the latest overrides from the bootstrap3-layouts repo.

I just ran a quick test and I don't even see tooltips in the list, but don't have time to dig in to it right now.

-- hugh

Thanks a lot, hugh, felixkat! Please let me know if I can be of any help!

About bootstrap3-jlayout - I have updated and will start using it as per the this quide.
I saw in the GitHub update Hugh speaks about disappearing labels. Is this the same which is happening to me now: Google map (with set Tips) in my case disappear from the LIST when I open (ajuxify link) detail view window from the link in the List, then close the detail view window (or leave it open on the side) and then hover with the mouse over any of the googlemap elements and on mouseout the hovered map disappear. If I remove the Tips from the googlemap element, no problems.

Yup, that's a known issue with tooltip handling between BS2 and BS3. We've fixed it in most places where we use tooltips, but the list display hasn't been done yet. I'm working on moving the code that generates the tooltips in list view out into a layout file, so it can be overridden for BS3 templates. It's a bit tricky, but I'm almost there. Hope to have it committed to github later today.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,
Happy new 2016! All the best to you and everyone helping FABRIK excel! Keep the great work!

Is there any update on the Tips question?
Thank you!

Sorry for late feedback.
Just updated to the latest GitHub.
Tips work as expected!
Thank you!

I was too quick to reply prior to complete all tests :(
Tips work only on backend (list view), no tips at all on the front end (tested on a few lists) ...
What I am doing wrong?!

Did you update to the latest from both github repos, the main Fabrik one and the bootstrap 3 layouts one?

Hugh

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I wish I did :)
I am not used to update the bootstrap 3 and missed that.
After update of it I can confirm tips are visible on the front end as well!
Thanks, hugh!

P.S. Shall I close this thread or better keep ti open?!

Hello,
In test environment I have updated to Joompa 3.5 and Fabrik 3.4.3 and to the lates update for Bootstrap JLayout and quess what :) - tips are not visible at all.
I am using the same Purity III template
Do you have any clue what may be causing this behavior?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back