Two date elements in Repeat group

Status
Not open for further replies.

linomsai

Dear team,

Pls do bear with me for rewriting my earlier post gain as it got deleted accidentally. That was my MISTAKE! :(. As for my on going project i am facing a problem as mentioned below:

Two date elements, with same settings and only one date element in the repeat group. The date element displays incorrect time. Steps to reproduce is as follows:

1) Create a list "test"

2) Add elements
(a) date1 - Setting can be referred as per the video (http://screencast.com/t/f1io0YOnBQ)
(b) a1 - just a field element
(c) date2 - Same as setting for date1 (refer to the video) http://screencast.com/t/f1io0YOnBQ
(d) b2 - just a field element

3) Create a test_rep group - select Form "test" and make the "test_rep" group Repeatable.

4) Change the group of a1 / date2 / b2 from "test" to "test_rep" group.

Now when adding data to the element in the form, both the date elements displays correctly, but after saving, in the list view the date1 element is correct while the date2 element displays an incorrect date time approximately 5:30hrs behind the local time and even the format of the date changes to yyyy-mm-dd. ( refer to the image attached).

Attachments

• 2012-05-30_0132-test1_001.png
    2012-05-30_0132-test1_001.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 2012-05-30_0130-test2_001.png
    2012-05-30_0130-test2_001.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 236
I couldn't replicate this on my test setup ... but unfortunately that server got blown away by a lightning strike yesterday, I'm having to rebuild a server and recreate all my test setups. I'll take another look at this when I have a system I can work on.

-- hugh

Thank you Hugh!

We do understand the kind of things are going at your end. Wish all gets in order soon. Expecting to hear from you very soon.

Your both video links are referring the same video (showing only settings of date1).

Are the settings of date2 really the same: local time, default to current time=Yes, always return todays date=YES? At least the date format is different.

I can't replicate your issue.

yes, the date settings in date2 is same as in date1. I have corrected the date format which shows correct now, so we can ignore the date format.
But the time is still incorrect. My server time zone has been selected to Kolkatta.

I can't see this on my site.
Be aware of:
you list is showing the dates stored in the DB

If you edit a record the form is changing all dates to the actual date/time because of your setting "Always return todays date"=YES, so not showing the dates stored in DB; If you save the record, all dates in the DB will be overridden with those from the form (as usually).

If you might have noticed in the printscreen (attachment "2012-05-30_0130-test2_001.png") ,
date1 column displays date as 27-05-12 23:16
date2 column displays date as 2012-05-27 17:46

If you observe, the Time in date2 column shows different -05:30. Why is it displaying like this while even my Server Time Zone has been set to Kolkatta?

The list is displaying whatever you've stored the 2012-05-27 in your database.
Maybe at this time the settings of your date elements have been different (as the list date format was), what's the offset of Kolkatta to UTC (I can't see this city in my server settings)?

Did you try with a new record?

what's the offset of Kolkatta to UTC (I can't see this city in my server settings)?
It is UTC +05:30

(I can't see this city in my server settings)?
Under menu Site >> Global Configuration >> Server Time Zone - Asia (Kolkatta - India)

Did you try with a new record?
yes. result is the same as the print screen.

When i add a new record, which opens the FORM, date1 and date2 shows the correct time i.e. the Local time. As I submit the FORMAT, in the LIST view format there is the difference as per the screenshot.

One more observation, if i click on view the record ( not editing only viewing), the date shows correctly. for eg. date1 - 27-05-12 23:16and
date2 will also display as 27-05-12 23:16.

On my site list dates are ok, view record isn't showing list dates at all but the actual date/time (= readonly version of the form).

So can you post a screenshot of your date element settings?

Your JS code is incorrect, maybe this is an issue.
If you want to set result to true you must do
result = true;
But what is the sense of result = true;? (all calender dates are not clickable)

BTW: what is your exact fabrik version, did you update from GitHub?

Even after creating a new table without the JS code, the result is the same. I mean just with the default setting.

The only setting i have made the changes is in the date element setting where i have set the

List Format = %Y-%m-%d %H:%M
and
Form Format = %Y-%m-%d %H:%M

Added%H:%M the format.

Can't replicate this, nor with the settings posted in your video nor with the totally different ones you are mentioning now.

What is your fabrik version? Browser?
Can you post a link to your site?

Container null is an error coming from your Joomla template (md_stylechanger.js).
No idea if those JS errors are breaking fabrik date js.

Frontend acces only shows the effect, but I can't see your settings.

Fabrik3.0.5.2:
So you didn't update from GitHub? There have been a lot of date element modifications.
Backup your site and update so we won't search for fixed issues.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/

oops, I saw video.:p
I guess , Repeating Setting makes a table as submission, but this table does not have a format of date is reason ? If so that , copy a date element and set it to 'unlink' ?
Sorry I don't have repeatable table in my site, so I can not certain about this. So if this would be some hint.:D

Frontend acces only shows the effect, but I can't see your settings.

I have pm the details

Fabrik3.0.5.2:
So you didn't update from GitHub? There have been a lot of date element modifications.
Backup your site and update so we won't search for fixed issues.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/

the system is a linux (debian)....will the below command be okay to update from GITHub:
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/tarball/master -O - | tar -zx --strip-components 1
When you say backup, do i have to take all the backup of the folder under the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back