Two PayPal plugins on the same form

jfquestiaux

I have a bi-lingual payment form that uses PayPal.
Since there are two languages, I am using two PayPal plugins (mainly to redirect to the right thank you page according to the language), with a condition based on the language tag:

PHP:
$lang = JFactory::getLanguage();
return ({purchases___payment_method_id_raw} == 2 && $lang->get('tag') == 'en-GB');

Unfortunately, this does not seem to work: if I have the two plugins published, the form submits the data, records them in the database and redirect to the previous page without hitting PayPal's site.
If I unpublished one of the plugins, all work as expected.

Tested with latest GitHub (5).

I don't think we've ever tried having two PayPal plugins.

Can you try replacing that condition logic as a test, so one just has "return true;" and one has "return false;".

-- hugh

OK. I'll have a quick hack at this, but bottom line, we never built the PayPal plugin thinking anyone would ever want two on the same form, so I can't guarantee I'll be able to fix it. It may be something simple, but it could also be something that needs some serious re-coding, which I'd be very reluctant to do.

-- hugh

OK. Fair enough. I thought since it concerned the condition, it would be a simple thing, but apparently not. If it is too hard to fix, I can solve the issue by having two forms (one for each language) instead of having a "bilingual" one.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back