Use value of a element for dropdown

joki94

Hi,

I have a form with some fields where I write some names. Each name is a different field.

Now I need a dropdown field, which gives me as label values the entered names in the fields.

I tried to use {tablename___elementname} in the dropdown option but then I get as the value also {tablename___elementname}

Unfortunately I cant use cascading dropdown, because my names are in different fields and I need the possibility to select each name with a multiselect dropdown.

Hope someone can help me.

Kind Regards, Joki94

Are you trying to do this within the same form, so the names I've entered in the fields on that form show up right away in the dropdown, or are you trying to do this with names entered on previous forms?

Either way, there's no simple way of doing this, it'll involve either custom PHP (in the "eval populate" for a dropdown) and/or custom JavaScript.

-- hugh

Hi cheesgrits,

thank you for your answer. I am trying to do it with names entered in previous forms.

Can you help me with the code?

Kind Regards, joki94

I changed it to checkboxes and and added 19 different options. I gave them the value 1 to 19. Now I want to change the label from 1 to {tablename___elementname1}, from 2 to {tablename___elementname2} and so on.

Can you give me the first example how I can do this with javascript or php. I dindt found anything in the web.

Hope you can help. Kind Regards,

joki94

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back