User exists error on myself

Saumier

Joomla 2.5.4 Fabrik 3.0.5.2

I have a Fabrik form Left-joined jos_users to fab_profile. The form lets the user update jos_username and jos_password and several fields in fab_profile.
Problem is now when updating any fields except jos_username, a validation error is thrown for the user name that it is not unique. I have tried the "isuniquevalue" and "userexists" plug-ins with the same result. Weirdest thing is that it has worked up until now. Since it was working, I have only cleaned up some elements, i.e. published them and made them hidden, but haven't done anything to username. I installed github 3.0.5-148 but still get the error.

Attached screen captures of pertinent settings that I can think of that would affect this.

I've tried everything I can think of and am just about at my wits end. What am I missing? Help would sure be appreciated.

Attachments

• fab01.jpg
    fab01.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 121
  • fab02.jpg
    fab02.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 125
  • fab03.jpg
    fab03.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 125
Thanks for the quick response, and going into the weekend too.

I'm not using juser in this form. Both jos_users and fab_profile records are already created, this form is only to edit them. I have a different list/form to create the records when we get a new member, and that works fine.

To recap- this form has been working until I made a few changes to other elements. It appears Fab doesn't know it's editing the logged in user's own record, but I don't see anything I can do to tell it that.

Hmmm, I'm not sure how the 'userexists' validation would have worked before, when editing a row, as apparently I never updated that code to handle the case where a logged on user is editing "their" row. I thought I'd updated it when I added a similar test to the 'emailexists' validation.

I'll update the userexists code and get it in github as soon as I can. Can't do it right now, as I'm about to walk out the door to go play a gig.

-- hugh

Is it possible I may have removed the "userexists" validation in all my efforts to make this work?? :eek:

The "emailxists" definitely works OK. It'll be great when "userexists" works.

Thanks.

OK, I've committed the changes to userexists to github. Done minimal testing, so let me know!

One thing I haven't tested with either userexists or emailexists is when the 'user' element you specify is in a joined table.

-- hugh

The form I'm using is a joined table- jos_users is the parent, fab_profile is the child.

Now the good news and the bad news:

Good news- userexists does work now after github update. I also tested trying to change username to an existing username and it caught the error.

Not so good news- on the Save, a new record is created in fab_profile, the existing record is not updated. That's a problem I reported in another post.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back