Validations don't work for user registration

joit

Hi,
I set up juser plugin for registration. The problem is, that the validation (not empty...) don't work on the elements. If I fill out the form incorrectly and press "save" I get the error "You are not authorised to view this resource."

You can check it here:
http://sipnix.com/160403/registrieren

Any ideas?

Thanks
Hannes

Last edited:
very odd, do you have any system plugins installed
are there other plugins on the form apart from the juser one?

I made screenshots from the system plugin and the form plugin
No, there aren't any other form plugins than juser

Attachments

• FormPlugin.png
    FormPlugin.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 110
  • SystemPlugins.png
    SystemPlugins.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 119
Which element types are userdetails.user_id and userdetails.Benutzer w?hlen? Is userdetails.user_id published?

The "User ID field" mustn't be a "user" element but a normal field (or e.g. dbjoin to #__users) for storing the Joomla User ID.

Don't add a password validation etc, I think this is done by jUser (unpublish the validations and test what will happen)

userdetails: userdetails___user_id is field
Benutzer w?hlen: user_group userdetails___user_group is dropdown
they're both published
I deleted validation for password but it still doesn't work ;(

Share, I just sent it to your gmail address!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

OK, the "cannot access resource" is because for some reason it's redirecting to the details view on submit, and details view is "Super Users". Of I change 'view record' to Public in the list ACL's it shows the details view. Trying to work out why its doing that.

-- hugh

The only thing I can think of is this: I accidently changed the name of the password element. Then registration didnt work any more. But when I changed it back to "password" everything seemed to be ok.

Did you reselect the element in the form plugin, and re-save the form after changing? I can't remember if we store element id's or names for those fields in juser. If we store names, that would be an issue.

This 'redirect to details on validation fail' is nothing to do with the juser plugin, I just disabled it and get the same problem.

I'm ind of scratching my head here. Is this 3.4.3 or a recent github?

-- hugh

Not sure what you mean with the resaving. I changed the name back to password and saved the element.
This should be a github from last friday

You said that registration stopped working when you changed the element name. That could be because in the configuration for the juser plugin, we store the element names for the various fields (like password), so when you changed the element name, the juser plugin culd no longer find the right element to use. But I can't remember offhand if we store names or id's for those params.

It was just a thought as to why the juser plugin would have stopped working after changing an element name.

-- hugh

I checked if the "it's redirecting to the details view on submit" could be because of a redirect in login module but it doesn't make a difference?
Could you find out something else?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back