VERY UNHAPPY ###PAID### SUBSCRIBER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive emailed rob about 4 or 5 times, he said he logged into my account to fix not being able to post in pro forum but since then I can't login. This is your last chance to fix my login before I report you to PayPal. I paid for 1 day support, I would expect a return email since I can't get into the website with my login.

ITS BEEN 4 DAYS!!!

hi
If this is Greg/prophoto then I've already replied to you via email - did you recieve it?
-Rob

@ups1:

1. If you had posted in this community forum with your real userid as soon as you had found that you couldn't access the pro forum, then this would undoubtedly have been resolved within a few hours rather than several days. In essence, the forums are the preferred method of communication, and are watched by both Fabrikar staff and by unpaid moderators any of whom can help get this resolved, whilst emailing an individual Fabrikar staff member directly limits this to an individual (who might be away, or be focussing on answering forum threads rather than their email). I can certainly state from previous experience that the Fabrikar staff take non-access to paid forums extremely seriously, and can point to several similar cases where this has been fixed within an hour of the forum post.

2. Whilst I can sympathise with your frustration, your response to this is (IMO) inappropriate. I do not believe that there was any real need to SHOUT or be impolite or make threats in a public forum (particularly when hiding behind an anonymous unpaid userid). Whilst the Fabrikar staff might feel constrained on pointing out to a paid subscriber that such things are inappropriate, as an unpaid volunteer moderator I am going to speak up because this is NOT the spirit of community support that we aspire to.

S

I'm just puzzled as to how we are supposed to fix an issue on a Pro account, when we don't know which account it is. I have no problem with people venting about frustrating issues, but it's fairly pointless demanding fixes if we have no idea what account has the problem.

Note that after a long time hunting a particularly hard to track bug in the JFusion XenForo plugin, in the code that handles promoting and demoting the forum group memberships when they are changed in the J! site, we have now tracked and fixed that bug.

Until now, when a user was promoted through a subscription upgrade in J!, we had to manually load and save their account on the backend in XenForo, and the user couldn't post in Pro (or whatever) until we did that. Now that bug has been fixed, it all works correctly, and users will immediately be able to post in the appropriate forum after a subscription change, without manual intervention from us.

Obviously this bug caused a lot of issues, and hopefully life will be a lot better for everyone now it is fixed.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back