When do you expect to officially release the J3.8 compatible update?

mibert

Hi there,

would you let me know, when you expect to officially release the update, which is compatible to J3.8

I have no experience to use Github, so I hope for a official release soon.

Thanks in advance and have a great day

Michael

Hi Michael,

Github can be intimidating, and if you are going to use it to it's full potential there is a bit of a learning curve there. I didn't have time for that learning curve, so I simply didn't use any Git software on my local machine. You can still get the latest Fabrik code from their Github repository even if you don't have a Git client installed locally. There are instructions on how to find and download the latest software on the Fabrik Wiki here

Once you have downloaded the latest and greatest, just use your favourite FTP tool to update your site with the new files and then there are a few follow up steps - see the section on "Post Github Update Steps".

Using this approach worked well for me. I jumped the gun and updated Joomla to 3.8 before realizing there might be an issue, but I'm back on track now. Hope you will be too.

Bob

I've kind of been waiting for 3.8.1, as there were a lot of issues with 3.8.

But if 3.8.1 doesn't come out this week, I'll look at a Fabrik 3.8 release early next week.

-- hugh

Hi there,

thanks for your kind reply.
@bobede
The problem with Github is, that I always have to install all available Fabrikar plugins.
In my installation I only include the plugins, which I really need and this is not possible with Github, as far as I understand.

@Hugh
Thank you very much. Really looking forward to have the official release soon.

Best regards

Michael

The problem with Github is, that I always have to install all available Fabrikar plugins.
You don't need to install any plugin you don't need.
But yes, you'll get the code.

Uninstalled plugins will show up under "Extensions/Manage/Discover". To get rid of them you can delete (or better first rename or move) the folders, e.g. plugins/fabrik_element/colourpicker

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back