Search results

1. P

Moving on from fabrik?

Firstly; apologies to the owners of fabrik and the moderators of this forum; if this post is unsuitable then please delete. Thanks for the most recent update regarding fabrik’s future; regrettably it looks increasingly likely that fabrik won’t be transitioning to Joomla 4 and beyond. I was...
  2. P

caneditrow list plugin

I have a form that several people are able to use. Each person can edit any of the rows on the list. To prevent multiple people trying to edit the row at the same time, I've used the lockrow plugin and element (which is brilliant by the way). When Person 1 edits the row, it successfully locks...
  3. P

Decode HTML in javascript

Hi all, I have a textarea element which is populated by an initial user and saved with escaped htmlspecialchars, for example: <p>Text here</p> I have a button element, which I want to open a pop out browser tab and displays the text area content as rendered HTML. The following...
  4. P

Form php to update a text area value with html tags

Hi all, I have a form which is updated by several users. I have a textarea element which I would like to use to compare the update made by each user and then populate a html table which highlights the changes. It appears the updateFormData function cannot handle html tags: $string_history =...
  5. P

Readonly in databasejoin checkboxes

Hi, I've got a databasejoin element which renders as checkboxes. It works fine. I'd like to keep some of the options visible, but make them readonly - so that the user can see them, but not select them. In the Eval Options under the advanced tab on the databasejoin element, the description...
  6. P

Fabrikar in PHP 7.2

Hi, Joomla 3.9.11 PHP 7.2.22 Fabrik 3.9 I've had a fabrik form running for the last few years for a charity I volunteer for. In the form I have a databasejoin which renders a list of options as a multicheckbox I have a piece of javascript which: adds up the numbers from eight previous...
  7. P

Updated to Fabrik 3.5.1 and now javascript on elements doesn't work

Setting Value PHP Built On Linux info 3.0 #1337 SMP Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 CEST 2000 all GNU/Linux Database Version 5.1.73-log Database Collation utf8_general_ci Database Connection Collation utf8_general_ci PHP Version 5.6.28 Web Server Apache WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi Joomla! Version...
  8. P

Error: 500 - Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list

Hi, I've updated my joomla and Fabrik and now one of the lists which worked before I updated gives the following error in the front-end: "Error: 500 - Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list Online Permit: " Oddly, it doesn't give me any more information. Neither does the...
  9. P

calc element no longer works

In fabrik 3.0, I used a calc element with the following code: $user =& JFactory::getUser(); return $user->get('email'); It worked perfectly - it's job was to always provide me with the email address of the current user; even if they weren't the person who originally created the form. I'm...
  10. P

Count selected checkboxes

In fabrik 3.0 I used the following javascript to count the number of selected checkboxes: var numChecked = this._getSubElements().filter(function (c) {return c.value !== '0' ? c.checked : false}).length; Does anyoe know how to do this in Fabrik 3.1? I think the problem is with...
  11. P

Count selected checkboxes

In fabrik 3.0 I used the following javascript to count the number of selected checkboxes: var numChecked = this._getSubElements().filter(function (c) {return c.value !== '0' ? c.checked : false}).length; Does anyoe know how to do this in Fabrik 3.1? I think the problem is with...
  12. P

Stumped on seemingly simple javascript

Hi All, Anyone got any pointers as to why this custom javascript wont work: var adult = this.get('value'); if(adult == '1'){Fabrik.getBlock('form_1').elements.get('jos_perm___count_checkbox').update('newvalue') ;} Both the element in which this javascript is written and the cout_checkbox...
  13. P

Stumped on seemingly simple javascript error

Hi All, Anyone got any pointers as to why this custom javascript wont work: var adult = this.get('value'); if(adult == '1'){Fabrik.getBlock('form_1').elements.get('jos_perm___count_checkbox').update('newvalue') ;} In chrome, the consol says "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier "...
  14. P

Checkbox front end addition throws javascript error?

Hi All, I've failed to transfer my form from joomla 2.5 to 3.3, so I've bitten the bullet as recreated it manually within my my site (i.e. a fresh installation of fabrik 3.2). I've got a multi-checkbox element which has front end additions enabled. When I try to add an option in the front...
  15. P

Transferred from Fabrik 3.0.9 to Fabrik 3.2 = javascript error in form

Hi everyone, I built a fairly complicated form in Joomla 2.5 using Fabrik 3.0.9. The form worked excellently in Chrome, however when I launched it publicly it became apparent that Internet Explorer was not happy at all. (stupid me for not checking first I know). After trying a few things, I...
  16. P

IE - cannot select dropdown element

Hi guys, I've been working on a pretty complicated form which now works beautifully in chrome, ios and firefox - but not in IE. In IE the user clicks on a dropdown element (just a regular dropdown, not cascading or anything special) and the options appear after a while, but you cannot select...
  17. P

Count the number of boxes checked in a database join?

Hi Everyone, I have a databasejoin which renders as a multicheck box. I'm trying to figure out a way of counting the number of boxes checked so I can validate it (i.e. I want to ensure a minimum number of boxes are checked). I figured out how to do it with a regular checkbox element, but I'm...
  18. P

placeholder to call drop down value

Evening all, I have a drop down which the user selects a value of. Then later on in the multipage form, I have a second drop down which, depending upon the value selected in the first dropdown, I have a php IF ELSE statement which populates the second drop down as appropriate. The IF...
  19. P

Bug in list pre-filter or just me missing something?

Hi there, I have a fabrik list view which presents information entered via a form view. That all works fine. I would like to pre-filter my list. In my fabrikar list, all users entries are assigned to a 'group' when they complete the fabrikar form. I use Community Builder and have all of my...
  20. P

Hide submit button till last page

Hi All, I found the following thread: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/hide-submit-button-until-last-page.20562/ I realise this is a fairly old thread - is the method still valid or is there a better way? I'm using; Joomla 2.5.16, php 5.4.21, fabrik 3.0.9 Thanks in advance...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back