Search results

1. TrevorDeWitt

Responsive Table - Flip Scroll

On my site I have a table that works on tables and desktops but does not all show on mobile and there is no scroll bar option to move left and right. I found this link in a previous post but am unsure how to implement it. https://elvery.net/demo/responsive-tables/#flip-scroll With the updates...
  2. TrevorDeWitt

Custom Template Tutorial

I know the community is working on updating the Wiki. One area as a new user with Fabrik is how to customize the front end templates. I have my databases working and displaying as a table. What I would like more instructions is how (if able) to modify the layout of the front end to move the...
  3. TrevorDeWitt

FileUpload blank when updating record

I have a database that uses the file upload and it works fine. When I go to edit the record it does not pull in the file information. When I go to save the update to the record it is asking me to upload the file again. How can I fix that?
  4. TrevorDeWitt

fileupload element not saving file on edit

i have a list with the fileupload element so users can attach .pdf documents only. I've given the users the ability to edit their listing including the fileupload element. When editing the entry, the attached file appears to be there but when saving it prompts to select the file again. When...
  5. TrevorDeWitt

YouTube Element Validation

Is there a way to validate that the info added to the YouTube field is a url?
  6. TrevorDeWitt

dropdown element

i am experimenting with the dropdown element in order to capture a list of options. 2 questions 1. is there a way to sort the entries on load so they are in alpha order instead of entry order? 2. Where is the data stored? I want to be able to let people add an item to the dropdown but when...
  7. TrevorDeWitt

No horizontal scroll

I've been testing my site on various screen sides. I know the responsive options in the backend. However, when more columns are displayed there is no way to scroll over to see everything. What causes the scroll bars to remain hidden? http://www.clogdancing.ws/cuesheets Thanks
  8. TrevorDeWitt

Editing records causes site to time out

I've been editing records in the backend. After editing about 10-15 items the site will no longer load the site on either the front end or the back end. The site throws an error. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT I had to clear my history and i was able to flush the database via phpmyadmin Any...
  9. TrevorDeWitt

Pre-filter clarification

I have a list were people can submit a record. I have a hidden field [radiobutton] that defaults to "pending" status. I want people to be able to submit a record that isn't public until approved by an admin. I have figured out how to pre-filter the list for the public to only show "approved"...
  10. TrevorDeWitt

youtube element empty on edit

I have a youtube element in my forms. Adding a new entry works as expected. However, when I go to edit the listing the youtube element field is blank. If that entry is saved, the youtube video disappears. Is this a bug with the youtube element? How do I get the information to stay when...
  11. TrevorDeWitt

youtube element issue

I have some entries with the youtube element and the display is working fine. However, when I edit a listing with the youtube element, the youtube address is erased and not displayed on the edit page. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you, Trevor
  12. TrevorDeWitt

Field like "tags" but that pulls from another element

What I am looking for is a way to create a list of prepopulated options similar to a cascading drop down but with the ability to select like the "tags" field. I have a long list of people that in a drop down is extremely long. I need to add records and reference different people for each...
  13. TrevorDeWitt

Error: 0 - Invalid controller: name='list', format='html'

I am getting this error whenever I search or sort a list. I can add/edit/delete list items. I don't know what that error means. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Joomla 3.3.1 and the github update from two days ago.
  14. TrevorDeWitt

Cascading dropdown adds all fields to database

I am creating a form that allows the person to select a country and then the cascading dropdown will autopopulate the states to choose from. I have that working. When I add the record, it adds a record for EVERY field in the country list which is the element that has the jointable on it. Why...
  15. TrevorDeWitt

sort by header error after three clicks

when viewing a list you can sort the list by clicking on the headers to sort assending, desending, and I assume the last click is to reset the sort. However, the third click throws an error: invalid order direction: - Is this a known issue?
  16. TrevorDeWitt

List view blank, no page displayed

I imported 800 items into a list and they show on the user end on the website. In admin view when I click "view data" now on ANY list it loads a blank page. The blank page has no code on it whatsoever. I cannot get back into my list view to delete any records or add any new ones. The form...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back