List Module pre-filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

keianrad

There is a task list and I need to show tasks based on current day and week then I used list module and I used the codes listed below in pre-filter but they don't work correct and it shows wrong tasks.

Daily Tasks:
Code:
Element: Date
Condition: GREATER THAN
Value: NOW()- INTERVAL 1 DAY
Type: No quotes
Access: Public

Week Tasks:
Code:
Value: NOW()- INTERVAL 1 WEEK

Thank you for your help.

I'm trying to login to the backend of the site, but there seems to be an additional password access control that wasn't there before.

-- hugh

Looks like the date part is probably working, but you have a prefilter on those modules which is checking for $q->office_id, which winds up with this:

Code:
WHERE ( ( app_tasks.office_id = '{$q->office_id}' OR app_tasks.assign_to = '799')

... so the placeholder isn't getting set up, because this list doesn't have the prequery on it that sets it up.

You'll need to add a prequery to this list (List settings, Data tab, Filters, at the bottom) so it does the same as whichever list you copied those pre-filters from.

Note that the prequery has to be done on the list itself, it can't be overridden in the module settings.

-- hugh

I deleted all the pre-filters in the list and module and used only a prefilter listed below, but it doesn't work. When I use only "NOW()" as value in prefilter, it works and shows all the task that have date after the current date but when I use "NOW()- INTERVAL 1 DAY" it shows some past tasks and all future tasks. It seems that "- INTERVAL 1 DAY" doesn't work properly.

Code:

Last edited:
I'm looking at the /en/home page, with the "Today" module on it, and I'm not sure what the issue is?

I see 11 events, from 2017-08-16 (yesterday) onwards. If I display the list by itself, using ?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=22, so with no filters, I see 35 events, with the same 11 from the 16th onwards. So it looks like the module is correctly filtering for "> 1 day old".

Are you trying to show ONLY tasks for "today"? So you aren't expecting to the the dates in the future? If so, that pre-filter won't do that, you are asking it to show you all dates more recent than one day ago, which includes dates in the future.

If you want to pre-filter for a range, you'll have to use two pre-filters, with the second one "grouped to previous", joined by AND, something like ...

AND
Condition: LESS THAN
Value: NOW() + INTERVAL 1 DAY

Oh, and there is a specific "TODAY" condition you can use as a prefilter (no need to provide a 'value'), which will generate this as the WHERE clause:

(date_test.dash_date >= CURDATE() AND date_test.dash_date < CURDATE() + INTERVAL 1 DAY)

So you could try using that instead of creating your own logic for "today".

-- hugh

Thank you Hugh, I used "Today" as condition in module pre-filter for Today's tasks and the "Earlier this year" for delayed Tasks but they don't work properly.
There is a task for 08/19/2017 (today) that it doesn't show in the Today's Tasks and it shows in the Delayed Tasks!
fabrikar - date.jpg

So does it look like a TZ issue? I other words is the time on the one showing in the wrong place within the TZ difference?

What are you storing the dates as - local or UTC?

-- hugh

OK, yes, looking at our code, we always do this:

Code:
            case 'today':
                $query = ' (' . $key . ' >= CURDATE() AND ' . $key . ' < CURDATE() + INTERVAL 1 DAY) ';
                break;

... but to properly do "today" we'd have to TZ offset the dates if the date element is set to "Store as UTC".

I'm looking at that now.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back