[mailchimp plugin] checkbox not keeping check

trip

Hi All
We have installed the plugin and have this working on our site with not issues.

Plugin: http://fabrikar.com/download/details/36/2317-form-mailchimp

There are 2 issues we are seeing
1. when selecting the checkbox and submitting then going back to the users profile, this checkbox is not selected.
2. So the above issue, does not allow the user to unsubscribe or update, as they cannot 'uncheck'

Has anyone else seen or experienced this issue and been able to solve it?
Matthew

Hi Support,
we have updated this plugin so that it works correctly with mailchimp.
How do we go about sending the amended code ?
Matthew

Hello Matthew. Does your developer have a GitHub account? If so, they can fork the plugin, make their changes and then push them back to our plugin. Or, if they don't have a GitHub, please just send them to me direct via email. We'll test on our end and commit the changes. Thanks for contributing!

Thanks Hugh.
Can you tell me if we download the plugin and use it on the latest version, will this cause issues with our current installation.
We are using the latest version.

Consult the wiki page on updating.

All changes are made in github. They only get built into J! installable ZIP's when we release a new version. Between version releases, if you need fixes from github, you have to do a full github update (download the github ZIP, unzip it and upload the entire content - it is NOT a J! installable package). In general you shouldn't "cherry pick" individual files, as changes in one commit can rely on changes in previous commits in seemingly unrelated code. We strongly suggest testing on an Akeeba clone of your site before updating a live site.

In this case, as we know the changes are entirely self contained, you could just upload the plugin folder from a github ZIP, overwriting your existing files.

-- hugh

BTW, I just noticed that Mailchimp are deprecating v2 of the API, and are saying everyone needs to move to v3 by "the end of 2016".

The wrapper we are using is no longer being developed (I spoke to the author today).

So we're going to have to do some work on getting moved to v3, probably using the official API wrapper:

https://bitbucket.org/mailchimp/mailchimp-api-php

-- hugh

Probably when someone funds it.

With 140+ plugins, work happens on them "by demand". If it's a core plugin that affects most users, we do the work as just a part of our day to day workload. But for plugins like this, which have very few users, we typically need some level of funding to get the work done.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back