Media Visualization Plugin

Well I guess one would assume that all rows do have an audio file, if it was an audio file list. However in the scenario where some rows do have audio and some do not, there will probably have to be a code change to filter the 'non rows' out.

For the first stab of the code though, it's pretty good. :)

Well I guess one would assume that all rows do have an audio file, if it was an audio file list. However in the scenario where some rows do have audio and some do not, there will probably have to be a code change to filter the 'non rows' out.

I have to precise. Even when all rows have audio files -

if in list navigation filter I choose to show 5 rows at once,
then only those 5 audios are displayed, not all audios.

If I go to the next 5 audios, then those next 5 audios are in player.

When I choose "Show all" in list view - only then all audios from this list are available in player.

For the first stab of the code though, it's pretty good. :)
Agreed :)

OK, I've committed what should be a fix for that. Looks like the way we used to suppress the pagination limits when rendering a list for a viz in 2.x no longer work in 3.x. I'm testing a new approach.

Let me know.

I think this would also explain similar issues I'm seeing in other viz's, so I'll need to apply the New Way to all of them, once we've confirmed that it works for this one.

Can you also test displaying the list the viz uses, before and after displaying the viz, and make sure rendering the viz doesn't change your pagination limit (rows per page)? It seems to be OK for me, although I'm not sure if changing the limit with the menu on the list is "sticking" if you then display the viz.

-- hugh

Seems to be OK for me, too.

Few smaller problems remained:

1. could it be possible to set at least the viz height to fit automatically the playlist height? E.g with option that the height we specify is the minimum height.

2. XSPF has still constant size (see previous) and "play" button has to be clicked to make the list loaded and displayed.

Not sure what you mean by 1. Setting the ehight to the playlist height could end up with a VERY tall player, if you have a long playlist. I'm assuming that's with the JW player? Not sure we can calculate the playlist height, as I think the individual playlist row heights are controlled by CSS, and thumbnail size. Feel free to play around with the code. I'm using the JavaScript interface to set it up:

http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/jw-player-for-flash-v5/12540/javascript-api-reference

... in media.js. Extra options can be passed in from the getJS() method at the bottom of models/media.php.

2) Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the XSPF player and the playlist. I noticed the "you have to hit play for it to load" thing last week, but still not sure why that's happening. I'll have another go at it when I next get some time to play around with it.

-- hugh

BTW, would you find it useful to be able to include remote files in the playlist, like YouTube video URL's, etc?

-- hugh

Not sure what you mean by 1. Setting the ehight to the playlist height could end up with a VERY tall player, if you have a long playlist.
-- hugh

That's it. I imagine the setting so:
when we need exactly e.g 600x400 visualization (no more no less) then we just tell it in admin settings.

But there would be also a checkbox or something else. There we could tell whether we want the height to be minimum height (or let it be constant). If yes, we would check.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back