New Calendar Vis - Status?

1) If i insert an event that start today and will end sunday in the calendar is only showed in the today cell,
2) If i use the button that is dispplayed at the bottom of calendar to add an event, even if the start date is correctly inserted into db it is displayed in the previous day cell while
If i insert an event using the list form it is showed in the right day in the calendar
3)Data-> legend and Month view option -> grayscaled weekend seems to do nothing
4)OPtion -> show full details always opend details view even if it is setted to NO
5) don't know if it was a feature that you want to add to this plugin but drag and drop or resising the event does not work.
I have uploaded a number of fixes, some have been merged into the main branch, others should be shortly. Item 1 is fixed.

Item 2 I suspect it has to do with how the time is stored. Is it stored at UTC or local time?

a few initial observations;

The Introduction text is below the calendar
The add button does not have a language string and it is also below the calendar
Would like an option to not show the add button.
Would like an option to not display the time of an event
The first full week of the following month is being displayed at the bottom of the calendar, I don't think it should.
As you know the double click to add is not working.
Setting the Day View and Week View buttons to No does not hide them.
Clicking an event opens the Add/Edit dialog, there is no option to Delete
The Add/Edit dialog appears to be read only even if the user has edit privileges.

More later....
Fixed: Introduction text, add button language, ability no not display time, setting Day and Week views to No now work.

As per our Skype conversation, thanks for the PR's, I've merged them. Keep 'em coming. And don't worry about building the minified JS, I can do that after merging.

-- hugh

PR up to fix the doubleclick action. I also added an option to the vis to allow the user to select whether additions can be made via the add button, dblclick or both. Button and dblclick actions are disabled/hidden based on this.

Hugh, as mention in our skype chat, the dblclick action has some sort of geometry issue. It always seems to fire when the dblclick occurs from about center to bottom right of the cell. If you click toward the top left you don't get the dblclick firing. I have absolutely no idea how to go after this one. Can you help?

I am going to look at the view/edit/delete actions next.

Hugh, as mention in our skype chat, the dblclick action has some sort of geometry issue. It always seems to fire when the dblclick occurs from about center to bottom right of the cell. If you click toward the top left you don't get the dblclick firing. I have absolutely no idea how to go after this one. Can you help?

I flailed around with that for a while, and for some bizarre reason solved it by using on() instead of bind().

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/69fa89bac992c9103cb6afcd4cc53c081a1fdaea

-- hugh

dblclick action required additional work, now fixed.
Corrected start date processing so it does not show up on the previous day.
Added end date and minimum duration.
Corrected week/day view open/close handling.
Corrected dateLimits.
PR pending.

Last edited:
OK, so I have fixed a lot of the fundamental stuff to the point I think it is basically working. The part I haven't tackled is the pop up view on click with the icons for view/edit/delete, and what to do when one of these buttons are pressed. I have looked at the exiting code as well as the code for the previous calendar vis and to be honest this bit is beyond me.

Is this something you can look at or explain somewhat to me? I would be happy to skype chat and maybe you can point me in the right direction. Right now though I am at a loss on where to begin.

Yup, that's going to be one of the tougher parts, as it'll be entirely new code. As you know, we've never had that functionality in the past. Double clicking has always simply led you to an edit or view popup, depending on your access level, and with an additional step to specify which list, if the calendar is showing more than one.

And it's not really something I just point you at a solution for. It's just going to be nitty gritty coding.

The first step I think would be to create a simple popup with the relevant options on it, by creating a JS layout. We have extended the layout functionality to allow us to build layouts we can use in JS, so things like this can be much more easily built without having to create DOM structure on the fly in JS files.

If you search for FabrikHelperHTML::jLayoutJs and fabrik-progress-bar in the code, you'll find an example of how we use JS layouts.

-- hugh

OK. Happy to give it a go. The calendar as is will work for my current project but I need to develop some php/js for the time selectors (found a great starting point from Rob on this thread). Once I get that project completed I can come back to this. Probably in a few days.

My project is now completed. A lot of form php and element javascript. The project goes live Jan 1. Now I can see if I can carve out some time to look at the view/edit/delete stuff on fullcalendar.

The popup is now fully functional including view/edit/delete. PR pending.

I have not been able to solve the modality issue though. Could use some more help with this, I also cannot seem to figure out the css to place the close button properly in the header of the popup. Again, could use some help.

There is an outstanding issue with the presentation of the dates and times in the popup. If the date element does not have the "Show Time Selector" enabled the time is coming into the form with a timezone of GMT+1. On my list to correct.

Having fixed the view/edit/delete functionality I now find my form php and lavascript for my project needs some rework so I need to fix that before I can come back to this. The fullcalendar vis is basically functional now though.

Made some additional changes to the ACL processing, I was displaying the buttons but the canAdd/Delete/View functionaility was not really working.

The time selector issue has been corrected. If the calendar element has the Show Time Selector disabled we will not show the time on the popup or view windows.

At this point there are 3 open issues, each requiring assistance from Hugh:
  1. Popup are not currently modal. There is a js library that provides this functionality but Hugh believes he can make the existing ones modal so I am leaving this to him.
  2. The close button on the popup is not placed correctly, need some css assistance on this one.
  3. I would like to rework the fields on the popup to use standard bootstrap classes for formatting. I may play with this some more but could use some pointers from Hugh.
Otherwise the vis is good to go.

I cleaned up the popup form a bit but I cannot seem to get the bottom buttons to center. Maybe someone with more css experience can advise, The layouts are in the fullcalendar/layouts folder.

Just in case you don't see my Skype msg about your last PR. There is a merge conflict with a large commit I did yesterday. Probably just the copyright date in the XML. Can you fix that, so I can merge it.

-- hugh

I see where it says there is a merge conflict but I don't see where the conflict is. Can you point me to where I can see this?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back