Search results

1. S

How to access a form element in PHP

Joomla 2.5.9 Fab 3.0.8 I've been all over the WIKI and forum, and everything I've found doesn't work for me. Here's what I want to do: I have a radio button; 0 = No 1 = Yes The next field is a text field that is not required if radio button = 0, but is required if radio button = 1. I'm...
  2. S

Merge rows and reduce data

J 2.5.9 F 3.0.7 Github 2013-02-08 I have the following: (jos)User (jos)User -> (fab)profile one-to-one join to User (jos)user -> (fab)payments one-to-many join to User List is set to "Merge rows and reduce data" When I display the list I get: email-address lastname firstname...
  3. S

Fatal error inserting element

I am completely rebuilding my site. I have set up a test sub-domain because I am getting an error in trying to rebuild the site. It has only Joomla 2.5.8 and Fab 3.0.6.3 and github downloaded this morning (2013-02-07) I have created a list and when I try to add an element I get the following...
  4. S

CSV no records

Joom 2.5.7 Fab 3.0.6 Just did a github update 1-28-2013 Trying to export an Excel CSV file from simple db table (no joins, etc.) Export CSV window pops up and just sits there- Loading 0/records. It doesn't work on any CSV export from any List where I've tried it. Pretty sure it used to...
  5. S

How to link to a form from a module

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 I am trying to link to a Fabrik form from a module using Joomla Weblinks. It works if I put the URL in the link, such as http://www.site-name.com/index.php/members/members-renewal Problem here is the user must be logged in to use the form, and if he is already logged in when...
  6. S

Force focus to any field

This is similar to another thread I started last week. My question is how to apply setting focus to any field. I have a small test site with basic Joomla setup and Fabrik. I have the following code for "Focus Test", testing using form_2 and element = field1: var fld1 =...
  7. S

Element validation using Javascript

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 I need to validate a date using Javascript. If it is a good date, I return true, else return false. Here is the basic code : In the "date" element (a text field). I have the following coding in Javascript: var dateStr = form_1.formElements.get('datetest___date1').getValue()...
  8. S

Redirect

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 While I'm at it... I have a form where a clerk enters a new member. When the record is Saved, I just want to return to the same form. I've set up the redirect as shown, but I get a message that page is not published. Again, your magic is appreciated.
  9. S

JavaScript to validate a date

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 I've been trying for two days without success to get this to work, with every variation I could think of. I've looked at every WIKI, forum, and google. I'm merely trying to validate a date entered on a form as mm/dd/yyyy. I cannot figure out why this js does not work. //...
  10. S

False validation fail message

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 Github Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.6.3-203-g8655d6b I rebuilt my joined form to add a new user because when I tried to access the old form on the front page I only got a blank page. The old form was working for several months. That is a mystery why that happened. The new form was...
  11. S

Conditional fields on a Form

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 I have a form that registers a person for an event and does a Paypal. That works great. This is what I would like to do: If an address is entered, continue asking for city, state, etc. If address is blank and user tabs to next field, skip to a field "rules". Secondly, I have...
  12. S

How to gracefully exit a form

I'm using Joomla 2.5.7 & Fabrik 3.0.6 I have a Form with a radio button - 0=No 1=Yes. If the No is clicked I want to display a message and then exit the form to the site Home Page. Been trying to get this to work for a full day now using Javascript without success. Any help is surely...
  13. S

Field cleared after github update

Did a github update to fix the problem of merge rows not displaying all records. Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.5-366-g8ba19a4.zip. After this github install, if I do an edit to a record, one field (label = testrecord) is being cleared that was set to a 0 or 1. I do a pre-filter on this field to display...
  14. S

List behavior changed with github update

Joomla 2.5.4 Fab 3.0.6 I updated to github Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.5-366-g8ba19a4.zip. The last github update prior to the latest one was about 2-3 weeks ago. Prior to the last update, the list in question worked as I expected. I have a parent list (users) One child (profile) is left-joined to...
  15. S

My problem with joins

Joomla 2.5.4 Fabrik 3.0.5.2 github 168 I have 3 tables: users key = id parent table (Joomla users table) profile key = pid child 1 to 1 with users (Fabrik table) payments key = rid child 1 to many with users (Fabrik table) I have a form to add a user, using juser, form...
  16. S

areuniquevalues causes white page on form load

Here I am again with another issue- Joomla 2.5.4 Fab 3.0.5.2 github 156 installed today 4/24/2012 Trying to use "areuniquevalues", but as soon as I add that validation, when I load the form on the front end, I only get a white screen. Remove the validation and form loads fine. This is a...
  17. S

User exists error on myself

Joomla 2.5.4 Fabrik 3.0.5.2 I have a Fabrik form Left-joined jos_users to fab_profile. The form lets the user update jos_username and jos_password and several fields in fab_profile. Problem is now when updating any fields except jos_username, a validation error is thrown for the user name...
  18. S

Edit Fabrik record- doesn't update, instead creates new record

Joomla 2.5.2 Fabrik 3.0.5.2 I have a Fabrik "profile" record (the parent) joined to jos_users record. I have a Fabrik list where the manager can click on edit which brings up a Fabrik form to edit fields in both records. When Save is clicked, Fabrik inserts a new "profile" record instead of...
  19. S

Extra Checkbox

Using Joomla 2.5.2, Fabrik 3.0.4, github 3.0.4 159 downloaded 18 Mar 2012. I have a Fabrik table joined to Joomla users core table. The Fabrik table was created with phpMyAdmin/SQL, so it is an existing table before it is ever accessed in the front end. The Fabrik table has a checkbox element...
  20. S

Concatenate 2 elements and update db

Using J 2.5.1, F 3.0.4 dev site on XAMPP This is very simple (if you know how to do it). I have a Fab tbl (fab_profile) that contains "lastname" "firstname". This is my "extension" of the Joomla users table. I have a joined form jos_users (Joomla core table) and fab_profile. That all works...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back